Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there any other Mom here that is not allowed contact with their

Started by olanna, Jul 17, 2004, 07:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olanna

child by the courts, other parent or both?  Do you have contact with the child in spite of the efforts to stop you?

Please share your story...I will share mine.

MixedBag

You know way back when -- when FRTC was born -- I was reading and it really didn't matter if you were mom denied or dad denied -- the advice is the same.

In this case, Dad was denied contact with his three kids and Mom finally admitted during the last few weeks to interferring in every way she could.

If you're looking for ideas, here's what we came up with:

We used the school system.....the children's birthdays were during the school year and so Dad sent a baloon bouquet of flowers on that special day.  (It was returned to the florist by Mom).

We knew where the kids worked (at least the oldest one) and Dad tried to call her there -- explaining first to the supervisor that NORMALLY he wouldn't ask to speak to his daughter at work, but there are extenuating circumstances....and then the supervisor went and got her.  OSD was really scared to talk to Dad (we're talking PAS that Dad eventually overcame) and just hung up on him.  But she knew that Dad tried -- and that's what mattered in the end.

We paid for magazine subscriptions (and still do to this day) or we sign the kids up for free catalogs that we know they like to read through.

So far I haven't had problems calling my son, but I know it's a game that could start any day now.....just because it's out there and can be played.  Instead, when I do call I put up with the fact that ONLY the fake-wife answers the phone and they have caller ID to see that I'm the one who calls.  And when she does, here comes the names.....I've been called "Angelica", "MixedBag" (yep my screen name here), my first name, and of course the list goes on.  What I have NEVER heard is for the fake-wife to say "M, your mom is on the phone."  

It's all a game -- and she does it to get under my skin, and guess what?  It's not working -- she just makes herself look like a fool AGAIN.  Nothing new....

olanna

And they never give him my messages. He has been threatened with injury should he call me.  Now, what is really strange....they let him come out here for three weeks this summer. I can't help but think that it was because his steo mom didn't want to deal with him while Dad was away in VT.  Matter of fact, I know that is true.

But I haven't heard one word from him since he went back in June.  I don't expect that I will. Now the last school told me I couldn't send mail to him there. I think instead of asking this school, I am just going to send it anyway.  They can receive it and do what they want with it.  I am thinking they are going to be more inclined to give it to him then to have to meet and decide what they will do with it.  There is no CO saying I can't contact him. Only one saying no visitation until the ransom is paid...which they already violated by letting him come out here and see me.

:)

I have had two contacts from some very interested recruiters for jobs paying big $$$. If I actually land one of those contracts, I am going to save every dime I can, and ask them to settle for cash.  I know how money hungry they are, so I know it's a good plan...and you know, the sale of a house reaps big money here too...that will help.

I just got a downward mod...only took two years after I requested it for it to go into affect. The two years sent my arrears skyrocketing.  They can't apply for a review for three years, as my ex listed he was not working and they assigned him minimum wage as a salary. He wasn't happy about that at all.  By the time they could get a review, my son will be 18, so it won't matter.  He can't claim making any less money, so a change in his circumstances won't matter a bit.  And I am damn sure not saying a word if I start making more.  No way in hell.  

I am moving out of my house. No easy task...6 years here and more stuff than you can imagine. I would have liked to have stayed but I just can't do the $1350 a month in house payments and all the other stuff that goes with it. I was able to find a nice house to rent a few rooms from a man. It's been liberating to know that I won't have all this hanging over my head...totally liberating.

So my quest continues.  I am also a CP to my youngest son...he is 9 and simply a joy. I get along with his father royally. We are really good at co-parenting together.  I have never been, nor will I ever be a step parent. I have seen far too much to ever think of trying that one on for size.  No how, no way. And I seriously doubt I will ever marry again until my son is grown.  I don't want him to have a step parent.  I see way too much posted about step kids on a private board I am a member of, and I would never want my son to be thought of in the way many of them think of their step children.  It would break my heart. For every one step parent that really loves their step kids, there are 50 that simply can't stand them. I want better for my son. Even my ex agrees that it is best we both stay single while he is little.

But no big deal about getting married. I've been single most of my adult life and I do believe, it works for me.

MixedBag

Check out "www.bigzoo.com" -- it's a pre-paid calling card system.

I know SPARC advocates one too, but I like bigzoo better.

You can print off a calling card and send it to him and that way he can call and they're not footing the bill what so ever.  He can also call from where ever he wants too -- like the closest pay phone.

You can watch the bill on-line and it gives you instant up to date billing.  AND if they get a hold of the card and "access number" -- and use it, you will be able to show that too....

Or actually let them call their friends -- and you'll know who they are because you can see the bill.....and then change the PIN.

We never sent letters to the school -- but had flowers delivered.  The step-kids' school too said that dad couldn't write the kids and go around the mom -- and I kinda agree with the school.  (Actually Mom should have never intercepted mail to make Dad try to go around her to contact his kids....but hey!).

You can get a floral store to deliver something and in the CARD that gets attached, have them have the "bigzoo" card inside a real card personalized from you (that you sent to the store ahead of time....etc).  He will know it's your handwriting....

Good luck!

gr8Dad

You are angry that they won't let you see the child, because they are FOLLOWING the court order, and then vilify them FOR violating the court order by sending the child to you??  Sorry, but there HAS to be a way to be "right".  

As far as your "step parent" comment, I think that was WAY out of line.  You have NO studies or facts to back this up, simply a trashing of MOST step parents, because you have heard some horror stories.

I am about to marry the most wonderful woman in the world, and she has 5 children.  I am the CP of my three.  This woman is more of a mother to my children than their bio mother could EVER be.  And i HOPE that I am as good a step Dad and she is a Step Mom.

olanna

There is no court order saying I can't see him. There is a court order that says I have to pay up arrears so I can see him. They didn't send him out here to see me, they sent him out here to see his sister and I just happened to get to see him.

Why don't you find another sandbox to play in? You start assuming all kinds of things you don't even have a clue about. I have been in these rooms since the inception of SPARC and Waylon knows my story quite well.

Butterfly

I see you in rare form gr8dad, and I'm not sure yet why.  I've been reading your posts for years and in all that time, you've presented yourself to be quite objective...until this new posting category came about and it appears it's you that is indicating bitterness and misplaced anger.

Olanna didn't quote studies or facts...she stated an opinion based on numerous posts she's read on various stepparent forums.  She has a right to state her opinion and personal decision not to be a stepparent based off of what she's read "from the horse's mouth".  I've been on stepfamily sites for years as well, I understand what she was trying to say...and to what she is referring to in regards to those posts about disengaging, resentment, jealousy, mistreatment stepparents endure, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Personally, I would never want to be a stepparent either.  I have a good deal of respect for loving stepparents however to read thousands of posts where a good majority are miserable in that familial position doesn't exactly scream, "Be a stepparent!" to me.  Hopefully, that makes some sense to you...if not, you probably aren't receptive to it and Olanna doesn't need defend her personal choices or right to state opinions on a board meant for such perspective.

Are you trying to incite negative responses to you or are you simply not considering your audience?

Butterfly

Hey Mixed!!!!

Olanna...if you start working on your parent-teacher relationship more you'd be REALLY surprised to what lengths they will go to help you out!!!  My daughter's Kindergarten teacher sent me digital photos of my child every month...I'd send balloon bouquets, call her during recess at school until her father finally figured out that being a controlling residential parent only gets you so far.  There are ways around such parents! ;-)

Butterfly

Big Zoo is a great tool to document your phone calls.  

One thing I wanted to add about sending stuff for kids to the school, check with the school district's policy on it.

In one of my child's school districts I was allowed to send balloons, flowers, etc...but in her new school district it is not allowed with exceptions only made by her principal (I was granted permission simply because I deployed overseas and wouldn't be in the continental US during her birthday one year).

Food for thought...

gr8Dad

She didn't SAY that the step parents were "miserable", she said, "I would never want my son to be thought of in the way many of them think of their step children. It would break my heart. For every one step parent that really loves their step kids, there are 50 that simply can't stand them."  BIG difference.  I KNOW that a step parents job isn't easy.  It is VERY hard, I am a step parent to FIVE.  But I do it NOT because I think differently of the children, but because I love them.  To say that for every ONE there is FIFTY that don't love the children is WRONG.