Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 09:48:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there any other Mom here that is not allowed contact with their

Started by olanna, Jul 17, 2004, 07:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

What evidence did he use to have you declared unfit????  I am also in CA.  I agree about the money thing, although it is a vague answer to the question I am asking.  

kitten

You were NOT unfit.  So the question remains....What evidence did your ex use to gain primary custody?  I am wondering why you are being so vague.  If you don't want to give details, then say so.  But I would find that hard to beleive since you were willing to go on national television.  I hope I am not coming across negatively, I am just very interested in the details.

olanna

I'm not being vague.  I don't have any other explanation and that is the main reason *why* I am willing to go on national television and tell my story. I'm not trying to get even..I'm trying to get access to my son...it was removed without good reason.

It's a bizzarre and hard to swallow story...and funny thing is, my ex didn't try to get custody of the two older kids...just the youngest one!

This kind of stuff has happened so often in the past to the men...it's just rare that it happens to a woman.

kitten

This kind of stuff HAPPENS so often to men, that's why I am so interested in your story.  It's rare for a man (especially in CA) to gain Primary custody.  It is strange that he did not try for the older two also, not good for the kids in my opinion.  What evidence swayed the judge?

olanna

Remember, this happened in SC, not CA.  Hum, from what I gathered from the court hearing that day, the judge didn't like people from CA. I never moved the order from SC to CA...my mistake.  So, the judge decided that he had jurisdiction over the case and my own lawyer knew if told me that this judge didn't have jurisdiction, he stood to lose a lot of money.  He didn't tell and I wasn't schooled enough in family law to know any better...I should have just said...nope, I'm not sending him to his dad out there to live. I have the only final order giving custody and this kid has lived in CA since he was 2.5.  But see, I didn't know to do that...so I was the one that got reamed. Had I of known then what I know now...I would have thumbed my nose at the judge in SC and gone on with my life.

It was a tough lesson to learn...and a heartbreaking one at that.

peepster

I think your comments to Olanna are way out of line.  You seem to have quite a chip on your shoulder for some reason.

I've known Olanna for a long time, and have never found her to generalize nastily about stepparents.  And I certainly don't think she did here.  Sure, she has a nasty stepmom in her life that is hurting her son.  The woman has earned nasty comments and more.  Anyone that hurts kids deserves to be thought of in a bad light... doesn't matter if they are birth parents, step parents, custodial, or non custodial.  

Now, as for your attacks on Olanna, perhaps you should vent your irrational frustrations on a different site.  divorcenet.com would be fitting for you.  So would divorcesource.com.   Leave SPARC to the people that are loving and supportive of each other.  SPARCites would prefer you not soil these forums.  That's what divorcenet and divorcesource are for.  Bye-bye now, and have a nice time lobbing turds at one or more of the other sites.  In the meantime, we'll clean up the mess you made and go back to being loving and supportive of one another.

olanna

"and have a nice time lobbing turds at one or more of the other sites"...

ROTFLMAO....

very, very funny.....

;)

Peanutsdad

You and peepster can let it go. The post you both are replying to was back on the 3rd.

Now, perhaps we can all get back to the business of being "loving and supportive".

olanna

and no one gets to tell me when to laugh or when not to laugh..

hugs to you, Peanutsdad...

May we all love our children and laugh when we can...

;)

jilly

Oh for crying out loud...will you just get a freakin grip and move on...good lord.