Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Give me custody

Started by KathyAnn2000, Aug 23, 2004, 08:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyAnn2000

My ex-husband took my two children when I went into the army and he wouldn't give them back (at the time they were ages 4 & 2).

They are now 18 and 15 and he wants me to take them both as he has kicked out his wife and other children so that he can have the lover stay there.

He has always been a munipulative and lying person and I don't want to go around and around with him again.

What in the world do I do?

MixedBag

#1 -- Let the boys come and get a notorized letter from Dad that allows the boys to be with you AND go to school in your area.  At that age, this is important because they need to be in school.  And the schools won't probably let you enroll them if you don't have custody or permission to enroll them.

THEN once they are there, work on a joint motion to change custody to yourself.  It will have to be filed in HIS jurisdiction.  Keep it simple at this point.

Hopefully this works....

joni

take the boys immediately.  keep as quiet as you can while they live with you at least six months.  don't make any waves, like ask for child support, while they're living with you.  wait six months before you file any custody motion so that you can establish residency with yourself.  six months is the magic number.

stk_agn

There shouldn't be a problem with the 18 yr old (unless he is still in school) The 15 yr old is old enough to choose where he wants to live.

Like they said in the previous post, 6 months is the magic number.

Most schools won't let you enroll your children if you don't show them proof of custody or guardianship. Get that taken care of first, then worry about taking back custody.

But, most of all, contact an attorney to find out what you can do, legally.