Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bad news from court,,,we lost

Started by stk_agn, Sep 16, 2004, 08:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stk_agn

My custody hearing against my mother was yesterday. It did not go in my favor and needless to say, the DRC gave custody of my daughter to my mother.

The DRC had an attitude before the hearing started, he was unprofessional throughout the whole hearing.  He made a comment stating "If the parents had supported the child we wouldn't have to be here today."  He had his decision made before the hearing began

Believe me when I say this but every last bit of it is true and right now I am looking for ANY help that I can get because this is not over.

The DRC did not listen to any of the evidence or testimony, (literally) he slouched down in his chair, had his arms thrown over the back of the chair, he picked at his fingernails, he looked at the pictures on the wall, he picked lint off his jacket, at one point he was sitting there with his eyes closed, he kept looking at the clock, he did not make eye contact with anyone, and he continued to make malicious comments toward me throughout the hearing.  He refused to enter my documents and records of denied or refused visitation time into evidence.

My mother admitted to emotionally abusing my daughter by calling her names such as, "fat ass", she admitted to offering me money so she could keep my child, she said that the only reason I wanted my daughter back was for the child support that is paid by the bio father, she repeated many times that she thought that I would cause my daughter harm, and her main point was that I wouldn't keep my daughter in Girl Scouts. (that is what they used as leverage.)

My mother and step-father said that I only wanted to see my daughter when it was convenient for me (which is totally false), they said that I never called and asked for extra visitation time, they claimed that my documentations were fabricated (I used the PTT from this site and the DRC refused to look at it)

My mother's attorney "knew" that they had lost and we "knew" that we had them beat, but like I said earlier, the DRC had his decision made before the first word was ever said and no matter what evidence we had against my mother, despite the fact that both my mother and my step-father looked like total idiots and they both were irate from the very beginning, nothing that was said or done could change the DRC's mind.

I guess what I am looking for is, information on how I can:

(a) change the Kentucky Family Laws in this county and

(b) how I can get this man removed from the position of Domestic         Relations Commissioner, because he is not an impartial "judge", he makes his decisions based on his own biased opinions.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.  Like I said before, this is not over and I am not going to accept this decision.

My fiancee and I are at a loss for words, we plan on getting another attorney to come in and help our current attorney to take this to the next level.  What else can we do?

Kitty C.

My God, that's awful!!!!!!!!  'Scuse my French, but what a PRICK!

I know it can be expensive and I don't know if you have a case for it, but have you talked to your atty. about an appeal?  Cuz it sounds like since the judge didn't even give your case lip service, I'd venture to say you weren't given your due process.  Were the proceedings recorded?  If so, then his comment especially at the beginning are quite damning.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

stk_agn

Not only was it recorded but the recording is VIDEO!!!!

How's that for proof of his behavior? and we are appealing ASAP.

I'm not letting this go lightly,,, I am in for on hell of a fight, and I'm ready for it.

Kitty C.

Video?????  I'm surprised he even allowed it, especially with the way he acted.  Just goes to show that some of these 'little gods' think that nothing can touch them.  Yup, you're in for a helluva fight, cuz I don't think this guy's gonna take this lying down.  Let us know what happens!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

stk_agn

The thing about the video,,,,, the DRC is the one who turned it on!  He knew he was being recorded by audio/video and he still chose to act like a prick. Goes to show you,, not all lawyers are as smart as they claim they are.

*NOTE: The Domestic Relations Commissioner, DRC, is nothing but a lawyer given the power to make the decisions of a judge. In fact he's not even considered a judge. But, unlike me, most people just take what his decision is and move on.

MixedBag

Crossing my fingers for you...

Funny how sometimes the "other party" forgets that they too are being recorded.....BTDT....

Butterfly

I have nothing intelligent to offer but I did want to offer emotional support.

(((Hugs hon)))

Praying the truth and all your documentation prevails!

stk_agn

Thank you all so much. I would say that you don't know how much it means to me but, I'm pretty sure most of you do know, and that is the sad part.

It is a bunch of crap because family courts think they have a right to put OUR children through this. They don't care about what is best for the children, as long as they piss off the one that they don't like (which is what happened in my case).

I found out (through the way my hearing went) that Kentucky is not a "best interest of the child" state, and I am working to fix that. All I ask is that you pray for me and that I succeed. Who knows, I maybe able to do something that will eventually help other mothers (and fathers) on this site.

Again, thank you all so much for your support