Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I need help finding free info on Doctors backgrounds

Started by Tiresias, Sep 20, 2004, 01:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiresias

Hi,
 My Ex has my 9 yr old seeing numerous doctors and I need to find out about them, is there any way I can do this without paying someone else to do it for me?  I would like to know things like what their credentials are, did they really specialize in what they are actually treating my daughter for? have there been any complaints against them at anytime during their practice? Time is drawing near and I've spent hours on this computer looking for myself. If there is anyone out there that could help, I sure would appreciate it...  

Ladybug3

Kitty C.

Have you checked the state medical society or the state dept. that is in charge of licensing and credentials?  Give me a state and I'll see what I can find.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Tiresias

Kitty C.

Here's a link to the PA state dept. of medicine, that regulates licensing:

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/cwp/view.asp?a=1104&q=433275&tx=0

On the left-hand side of the page, note 'Complaints' and 'Disciplinary Actions'...........I think you might find what you're looking for there.  If not, at the bottom of the page is an e-mail addy. where you can pose a direct question to.  Also check out the last on the list:  'LicensePA - Searchable Licensee DB' .............might give you even more info.

Hope this helps!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

joni

If they're an MD or a DO, you can use the doctor finder on both of these sites.

//www.ama-assn.org  The AMA's web site

//www.abms.org         To see if the doctor is board certified in a specialty

Tiresias

Thanks so much for all of your help, it really did. although these websites you gave me are not completely verified, it did give me alot of information!! it let me know that the doctor that is playing psychiatrist to my daughter does not have any subspecialties in that area at all and now i have it in black and white. along with other documentation on the other 3 doctors she had and has been seeing.  thanks again!!

Ladybug3