Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:52:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HELP

Started by tofoty, Nov 14, 2004, 12:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofoty

I'm brand new here.  I'm so glad to find a place that other mommas are going through the same thing.

I hate hate hate that my son lives with his dad.  Long story, I let my son go live there...giving his dad "primary", I wanted the court drama to STOP for my son's sake.  I could've kept on fighting, had to be the bigger parent and stop all the back-and-forth crap.  Well, now I hear that my son is being abused there...found out 3days after it happened.  Child services were notified, still investigating, meanwhile my son is begging crying pleading to come home.  scared of his dad, threatening to harm himself.  dad withholding him from me, son cannot call me freely, have to go through loops just to talk to my son on the phone.  He's being left home alone afterschool.  I've contacted my former atty and evidently he's not interested as when he calls back, I call him back within 5 min (to settle my house down to carry a conversation) and get his voicemail...leave message yada yada.  I've contacted another atty, waiting to hear back.  My son is failing in school, report card should be here tomorrow.  Time is up, I want my son home.  I gave his dad a shot, I didn't have to.  Any questions, please ask.  My son is 10, btw.  I'm a sahm with 2 little ones.
Thanks for reading, I'm a nervous wreck today.  

tofoty

why is my post at the bottom???

wendl

If the child is that frightened he should go talk to the school counselor, also how long as CPS been investigating this??

It is so hard when you try to do the right thing, thinking the other parent will do at they should and then doesn't.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

tofoty

Cps was notified about 6 weeks ago.  My son does indeed talk to his school counselor on a regular basis....I urge him to.  Heck, he told her about the incident before he told me.  I do know that cps has been to see him at school several times since the report.

wendl

and they haven't removed the child from the fathers care yet.

have they been updating you on the investigation and do you  have an attorney?

tofoty

he's still there with dad.  The caseworker said it's best to call him to get updates....has never called me....I call and get voicemail and leave messages (75% of time I call I get voicemail).   Says he has 35 cases right now.  I guess my child is low priority.  After this weekend's visit with my son, and the in-depth conversation we had and more details came out about the abuse....and the outcry, I am stunned that my child is still with his dad.  I'm going to call one more time in the morning and try to get supervisor to tell me what the hell is going on.  I'm the one who called the report in, why don't they call me and let me know what the heck is going on, what the next step is, etc.

wendl

I would call the supervisor as well, this isn't just a case # it is a child.

Couldn't you hire and attorney and request and emergency ex parte hearing and see if the judge would transfer custody for the time being. I would get letters, statements from school officials ect

I would really be calling an attorney if I were you. I hate to say it but to many children and been injured while in the hands of CPS.

My Kids Mom

Oh My Gosh,
If I didn't know any better I'd think I wrote your post.  I didn't "allow" my son to live with his dad.  However, I did decide not to fight when he was 6 because at the time he was really happy with his dad.  Now, I am going through the EXACT same thing as you.  11 year old son, sahm, 2 babies...really weird.  I cannot afford an attorney, but I'm going to court anyway.  I can't leave my son's welfare in the hands of CPS who are worthless as far as I'm concerned.  I'll be praying for you and your son.  Please do the same for me.