Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Questions about Custody

Started by olanna, Feb 10, 2005, 10:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moninoh

I am currently involved in a custody battle.  I have a child with a former boyfriend who never wanted anything to do with her.   When I filed for child support, her father decided to file for custody.  The father is telling the courts one thing - that he can be a better parent, etc, meanwhile telling me that he will hurt our daughter once he gets visitation if I don't drop the support.  How can he do this and how can I stop him?  Help.

olanna

first off, he has a very slim chance of getting sole custody, as most courts are not father friendly.  So be happy you are a woman.

Next off, judges don't usually change custody from one parent to the other.  It happens but not often.

Let Dad you know you *want* him in his daughter's life, as it is a good thing for her to know you both and develop a relationship with her.  If you have an atty, let all contact with the other party be made through the atty and get out of the middle of it.

Just keep doing what is best for your child...

NoNicky

Deperate times call for desperate measures.  Not illegal ones though!  Check the laws for your state and if your state is a 1 party taping state, then get yourself a phone recorder and record your phone calls with him.  Get him to say those things again and get it on tape!

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

olanna

edited due to deletion of original post by banned member.

moninoh

I am currently involved in a custody battle.  I have a child with a former boyfriend who never wanted anything to do with her.   When I filed for child support, her father decided to file for custody.  The father is telling the courts one thing - that he can be a better parent, etc, meanwhile telling me that he will hurt our daughter once he gets visitation if I don't drop the support.  How can he do this and how can I stop him?  Help.

olanna

first off, he has a very slim chance of getting sole custody, as most courts are not father friendly.  So be happy you are a woman.

Next off, judges don't usually change custody from one parent to the other.  It happens but not often.

Let Dad you know you *want* him in his daughter's life, as it is a good thing for her to know you both and develop a relationship with her.  If you have an atty, let all contact with the other party be made through the atty and get out of the middle of it.

Just keep doing what is best for your child...

NoNicky

Deperate times call for desperate measures.  Not illegal ones though!  Check the laws for your state and if your state is a 1 party taping state, then get yourself a phone recorder and record your phone calls with him.  Get him to say those things again and get it on tape!

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

olanna

edited due to deletion of original post by banned member.