Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CSEA TV Report

Started by Bolivar, Dec 07, 2004, 08:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar

I have to say that I was very disappointed in the story on channel 7 news(WHIO TV Dayton, Ohio).

First, it was reported as a call into waste busters, which it was not. It was a response email to the deadbeat story they aired. Second, they aired about 15 seconds of a 15 minute conversation and the only thing they had me saying on behalf of noncustodial parents was that when a man gets into arrears they should ask why. And third, they aired the remaining majority of the story about a lady who had been after her ex for 17 years and was behind $45,000 complete with showing his picture and her opinion that they should get even tougher.

Jim Otte stated father's would take their fight to Columbus next year when Ohio considers changes and Cheryl McHenery ended with how there is X billion dollars owed by noncustodial parents.

I apologize for the let down as I had been approached by many after seeing the promising advertisements that perhaps a fraction of our issues would be broadcast. I warned with caution that we don't know how the story will be framed when it finally airs. We are, however, used to this disappointment like Don Hubin being told his minority report would not be included in the final recommendations from the guideline council to the legislature.

There are those that do put out the entire story, like the newspaper I recently said would publish my editorial in it's entirety and who wants to do a follow-up story on the facts. I hope that everyone shares their disappointment with channel 7 by emailing Jim Otte and letting him know where you have been.   Otte, Jim (CBI-Dayton); 7online@w...  Channel 7 Report

I have my own questions like, Jim:

1. Where was the fact that the recommendations by the council include a 23-1117% increase in support (you had a picture of the report)?

2. Why are noncustodial parents held to the unattainable standard of nevergetting sick, never becoming disabled, and never losing a job in a poor economy?

3. Why is the noncustodial parent representative's minority report not being included in the final recommendations like it was in the two councils prior (you had a picture of this report, too)?

4. Why can they take 50% of a payers gross pay and still expect him to live (actually 65% or 55% if you have subsequent children)?

5. Why they aren't looking at the flaws in the income shares model when there is more appropriate models like cost shares?

6. Why is paternity fraud condoned OR kids treated unequally in and out of an order OR judges not granting deviations when noncustodial parents request it?

7. Why are we using the term deadbeat when the largest federally funded study into the matter found they don't exist in significant numbers (you had a picture of the book)?

8. Why are we not looking at the fact that CSEA is a revenue producing entity of the state so it behooves them to make awards as high and as long as they can?

9. Why is Ohio a deadbeat state that is holding over $33,000,000 in undistributed child support that has already been paid?

10. Why, when a third of noncustodial parents reside with custodial parents, are we condoning practices that are hurting the very kids the CSEA is supposed to be helping by letting these kids watch their stepparents being taken from their home in handcuffs?

11. Why aren't we encouraging equal parenting when research has shown that involved parents support their children?

I have lots of questions especially since I know all of these facts were laid out for Mr. Otte when he came to my home and these are the facts that sit at the heart of the problem.

Things, like I said, will get worse under the current more aggressive policies CSEA is adopting. Like I also said, you can invent 7 new ways to squeeze a turnip but you will still not get blood. Mr. Galluzo and Daufel were here when this interview took place and can attest to the fact that these issues were laid out and probably share my amazement at this being the best reporting that could be done.

Mr. Otte, when and if you reply, please "reply all" to share your feedback with everyone so that we might understand why the story was aired in the manner it was. For those that didn't see it, I'm in the process of trying to get the necessary drivers so that the captured video clip can be put on the forum. We all know when these things are fixed, the arrearage problem will take care of itself.

All I can say, Mr. Otte, is that I hope you never have to experience these things first hand. We'll certainly be in touch when things move to the legislature, or when channel 7 airs bent point of views, but will certainly proceed with caution.

Please forward this email to anyone you know in the channel 7 viewing area.

Chad Kennedy

Concerned father of three wonderful children.

For more info on father and noncustodial parent rights, check out these sites:
//www.pacegroup.org
//www.ancpr.org
//www.milliondadsmarch.org