Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:55:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Parental Alienation

Started by cupobutter, Mar 10, 2006, 02:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cupobutter

Thank you for that.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I've been writing journals to her since the divorce.  I have so many of them.  And long ago, after seeing how bitter my parents were towards each other, I had decided that I'd NEVER verbally attack her father.  No matter what he'd done to me.  It's not up to me to make up her mind about how she feels for her father, it's her decision.  And I'd never want to force her to choose between us.  I only wish that maybe after all these years, my ex has grown a little, and we can get along civil-like for her sake.  I'm hoping that it will be good when we finally see each other.

The woman who was her step mom until she was 7, says that she's a very smart girl.  And that on trips to her grandparents, she would often sneak down to the basement to look at pictures of me, that were in a photo album.  Her father had tried to throw them out, but his sisters got them out of the garbage and said they were for my daughter when she got older.  The ex-step mom also has some things, like her baby book, (which my ex pretty much destroyed most of my pictures) and a baby blanket I made her.  But she's holding on to them for my daughter.

Thank you, N.