Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:45:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UPDATE!

Started by cupobutter, Mar 29, 2006, 08:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cupobutter

So, I'm sure everyone read my previous post.  Well, over the past few years (since I've had some sort of internet access) I've been randomly posting searches for my daughter.

Her father must have recently tripped over one, b/c he emailed me.  He started by saying that he'd hoped I'd grown up b/c he has, and that he wants to be civil.

But then he emails me again and ask me where I disapeared to all these years, and why am I trying to see Sandra now.  (I've lived in the same small town all these years, and amazingly he seems to locate me whenever he wants.)  Also, he's the one who had his number changed and unlisted, then just disapeared.  I called his family multiple times!  Even as recently as 2001.  But, they wouldn't tell me anything.

The he turns around and tells me to take down my "Missing Childrens" post for Sandra, or I'll never hear from him or her again.  But that's not a threat, he doesn't want any mistrust.  

So I found my divorce papers, and I'm setting up an appt. with a lawyer.  I'm also trying to get copies of police reports from when the police responded to domestic abuse calls at our residence.  

~Does anyone know what I have to do to obtain this info, is it public??~

davisjames

Yes the information is public.  Call the station where the reports were filed.  Stop down and fill out a Freedom of INformaiton Act request or FOIA and they should be able to give you copies for a fee.

cupobutter

olanna

Why would you want reports for DV now? You haven't contacted anyone in the family for some 5 years, right?

I guess I am missing the part of why this info is necessary. If you want to see your daugter, pursue that. But leave the rest of the mess alone.

cupobutter

I was told by an attorney to try to locate any proof of his abusive behaviour.