Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shirt message: ''Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them''

Started by Brent, Dec 15, 2003, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Call these a**holes today, toll free: 877-633-2843 and tell them that you think this shirt is SICK. It's offensive and an incitement to violence against boys.

"Todd" is the ass that designed this shit. Cindy is the Sales Manager, and she is a total ass who sees NOTHING wrong with the message this shirt sends. You can talk to them at 877-633-2843.

From Glenn Sacks:

There's a controversy in Seattle over ads for a T-shirt sold by Bon-Macy's, a major department store in Washington state, which says "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" and has a picture of a little boy running away as several rocks come flying at him.

A spokesman for David and Goliath, the company that makes the shirt, told KOMO-TV in Seattle that they have sold millions of shirts with this message and that it's their best seller. KOMO-TV interviewed local 4th graders about the shirts and several little boys looked visibly shaken by them.

As the father of an 11 year-old boy you can imagine how this makes my blood boil. The company says that despite complaints they have no plans to change the message. What can you do?  I'm urging all His Side listeners to call and/or email both David and Goliath and Bon-Macy's and let them know how we feel about them insulting and demeaning our sons.

Below are both company's contact information, and a link to the KOMO-TV news story (video included). Please feel free to CC me on all letters to the companies.

Sincerely,
Glenn Sacks

David and Goliath, Inc.
Toll Free 877-633-2843
Email: [email protected]

DavidandGoliathtees.com
 Bon-Macy's
Toll Free 866-464-8787
To Send an Email, click here: http://www.fds.com/contact/bonmarche/service.asp

To Cancel Your Bon-Macy's Credit Card,
click here: https://www.bonmacys.com/service/credit/contactus/index.ognc

KOMO-TV: 'Does This T-Shirt Send The Right Message?'
http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=28700

Brent

Thank you very much, MK!

I urge *everyone* to call these jerks and turn up the heat on 'em:

Call toll free: 877-633-2843 and tell them that you think this shirt is offensive and is an incitement to violence against boys.

If you REALLY want to send a message, cancel your Bon-Macy's credit card: https://www.bonmacys.com/service/credit/contactus/index.ognc

But please at least call them toll free: 877-633-2843 and give them a piece of your mind.

StPaulieGirl

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1040824/posts

This one is all over the place!  Can you say mailbomb? )(

This is crap.  Do they have tshirts for boys saying that girls have cooties?  All parents have to do, is to NOT buy the shirts.  I emailed,and let them know what I think.  Of course they don't need to know that I can't afford to shop there anyway ;-)

Indigo Mom

Those idiots!  Luckily, I had a bimbo answer.  I don't like bimbos.  In fact, I have fun dickin' around with them.  

Anyway, I stated my complaint, then ended with the question of "don't you find this shirt horribly offensive and demeaning to young boys?"  She goes...omg...still gagging..."it's not my opinion that matters".  WELL MINE DOES.  Even if it's only me who cares about it.

Anyway, she said my name and complaint is being forwarded to the "person who does matter" so I go..."you tell the person in charge that I hope to God they never have a rock pelted at their skull because they're a boy".

You know how bimbos do that "ach" sorta sound?  She did that!  Oh dude, I woulda proven you right about violent women if she was sitting right here......

Brent, I think everyone needs to call, email, and spam the living shit out of that barbaric company.  They don't care, and it wouldn't surprise me if our complaints are being tossed out.

Indigo Mom

that they couldn't even figure out how to spell my last name...after I spelled it out REALLY slowly TWO times.

StPaulieGirl

Did you call?  I emailed.  I don't expect an answer.  The only person who returns my emails is Jeb Bush's office.

Brent

Kitty C.

'I am appalled at your complete and utter insensitivity by producing a t-shirt with the inscription of "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them".   Do any of you have kids and do they go to school??  Have you heard about the violence and bullying in school, or do you ALL have your heads in the sand?

That you can't 'see anything wrong' with this shirt says a lot for your lack of intelligence.  We've been fighting a constant battle of teaching our children to NOT hate and fight, then some idiots like you come up with something like this.

I abhor bullying and teasing and always have.  I was the target of such when I was in school 25+ years ago.  There have been kids who have committed suicide after being subjected and harrassed by what you imply. And I'd be lying if I said the thought never crossed my mind as well.  Kids have it hard enough these days, without idiots like you comeing up with crap like this.

This is NOT a joke.  And don't think that kids wearing it think it is, either.  What they WILL think is funny is watching the poor kids running from them and dodging the rocks they're throwing.  Is THAT the lesson you're trying to teach here?  Because if it is, may God have mercy on your soul..........'

~~~~~~~~~~

Idiots like this want to make me puke.........

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Brent

It turns out that the only responsive people in this whole mess are the people at the Bon. Please see my message about contacting them. Oh what the heck, I'll paste it in here. There's an email address below for the Bon.  :)

Yes, we can get this amazingly offensive item pulled from the Bon's shelves. Read on to see how....

First, the manufacturer, "David and Goliath" doesn't give a damn, and told me so pretty candidly.

They don't care that this shirt essentially tells people to commit violence against boys, and they told me they would "never" makea shirt that says to "throw rocks" at girls. What a shock, eh?

Now, these people are really starting to piss me off. I think it's a very offensive product, and to be told that they "don't care" is really the limit. So, I think it's time to go up the food chain to where people will listen- the corporate offices of the Bon. And that's what I did.

To their credit, the Bon was pretty responsive. You can call, write, or email the Bon to get the item PULLED OFF THE SHELF and returned UNSOLD to the manufacturer. And I think that's exactly what we should do. Since the manufacturer "David and Goliath" doesn't seem to give a damn, here's the contact info for the Bon. The lady I spoke with was very sympathetic and said that if people complained, the item would be pulled.

Phone: 206-506-6000

Address:

The Bon
1601 3rd Ave
Seattle WA 98181

Attn: Divisional Customer Office

The very nice lady I spoke with said that every time someone calls, writes, or sends an email, they forward the complaint to the Divisional Customer Office for review. With enough complaints, they will pull this item.

Please, send a message to them and let them know that this kind of merchandise is NOT acceptable, and will not make you want to spend your hard-earned money at the Bon. The Bon is a reputable store, and I believe the Bon will do the right thing- but only if they hear from people.

Phone: 206-506-6000

Postal address:

The Bon
1601 3rd Ave
Seattle WA 98181

Attn: Divisional Customer Office

StPaulieGirl

to whom it may concern,
I find your marketing of male bashing tee shirts to be highly insensitive.  This can be counter productive towards your sales goals, as there is a growing segment of society that is just plain tired of bashing males.  We are also tired of "hookerware" for little girls.  Parents are increasingly looking for retailers who share their values.  I suggest you jump on that bandwagon, since profit and not morality, are your ultimate goals.

I'm sure you'll do the right thing and take the appropriate action.

Sincerely,

Someone who can't afford to shop in your store...(Ididn't put that on there)

Kitty-they're full of crap. They only care about money.  Marketing  thong panties for little girls, etc.  Just bullshit.

Kitty C.

......that I had a boy and not a girl.  Cuz if I did, we'd be at all out war about now, intotal disagreement over what she could and couldn't wear.  I think it's utterly disgusting and canNOT believe that some parents even buy this crap for their girls.  Sounds like some parents need to get a backbone and put their foot down about how their girls dress......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

Macy's is pretty stuck up.  The one time I went there, was with my oldest daughter and my aunt, to get an outfit for my mom.  When told that if I would sign up for a credit card, I could get a discount, I just stared at her.  My girl finally interupted her sales pitch, by telling her why we were there.

Unfortunately Target doesn't cover this kind of thing...

StPaulieGirl

I'm lucky so far.  The oldest girls were rather modest.  The little one is under control for now.  Lol, I remember my mom was so rigid, that I had to "roll" my skirts.

What about boys who wear "wifebeaters" and baggy Dickies with their undies showing?  I'm fighting a losing battle with that one...

Some parents are just plain idiots about raising girls....

MKx2

for making a responsible and good moral decision to pull those shirts from David & Goliath.  I ALSO told them of the lack of concern the manufacturer had with their product.

It's good to complain, but it's also good to let folks know you appreciate quick and responsible action.