Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 11:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shirt message: ''Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them''

Started by Brent, Dec 15, 2003, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

It turns out that the only responsive people in this whole mess are the people at the Bon. Please see my message about contacting them. Oh what the heck, I'll paste it in here. There's an email address below for the Bon.  :)

Yes, we can get this amazingly offensive item pulled from the Bon's shelves. Read on to see how....

First, the manufacturer, "David and Goliath" doesn't give a damn, and told me so pretty candidly.

They don't care that this shirt essentially tells people to commit violence against boys, and they told me they would "never" makea shirt that says to "throw rocks" at girls. What a shock, eh?

Now, these people are really starting to piss me off. I think it's a very offensive product, and to be told that they "don't care" is really the limit. So, I think it's time to go up the food chain to where people will listen- the corporate offices of the Bon. And that's what I did.

To their credit, the Bon was pretty responsive. You can call, write, or email the Bon to get the item PULLED OFF THE SHELF and returned UNSOLD to the manufacturer. And I think that's exactly what we should do. Since the manufacturer "David and Goliath" doesn't seem to give a damn, here's the contact info for the Bon. The lady I spoke with was very sympathetic and said that if people complained, the item would be pulled.

Phone: 206-506-6000

Address:

The Bon
1601 3rd Ave
Seattle WA 98181

Attn: Divisional Customer Office

Email: [email protected]

The very nice lady I spoke with said that every time someone calls, writes, or sends an email, they forward the complaint to the Divisional Customer Office for review. With enough complaints, they will pull this item.

Please, send a message to them and let them know that this kind of merchandise is NOT acceptable, and will not make you want to spend your hard-earned money at the Bon. The Bon is a reputable store, and I believe the Bon will do the right thing- but only if they hear from people.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 206-506-6000

Postal address:

The Bon
1601 3rd Ave
Seattle WA 98181

Attn: Divisional Customer Office

StPaulieGirl

to whom it may concern,
I find your marketing of male bashing tee shirts to be highly insensitive.  This can be counter productive towards your sales goals, as there is a growing segment of society that is just plain tired of bashing males.  We are also tired of "hookerware" for little girls.  Parents are increasingly looking for retailers who share their values.  I suggest you jump on that bandwagon, since profit and not morality, are your ultimate goals.

I'm sure you'll do the right thing and take the appropriate action.

Sincerely,

Someone who can't afford to shop in your store...(Ididn't put that on there)

Kitty-they're full of crap. They only care about money.  Marketing  thong panties for little girls, etc.  Just bullshit.

Kitty C.

......that I had a boy and not a girl.  Cuz if I did, we'd be at all out war about now, intotal disagreement over what she could and couldn't wear.  I think it's utterly disgusting and canNOT believe that some parents even buy this crap for their girls.  Sounds like some parents need to get a backbone and put their foot down about how their girls dress......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

Macy's is pretty stuck up.  The one time I went there, was with my oldest daughter and my aunt, to get an outfit for my mom.  When told that if I would sign up for a credit card, I could get a discount, I just stared at her.  My girl finally interupted her sales pitch, by telling her why we were there.

Unfortunately Target doesn't cover this kind of thing...

StPaulieGirl

I'm lucky so far.  The oldest girls were rather modest.  The little one is under control for now.  Lol, I remember my mom was so rigid, that I had to "roll" my skirts.

What about boys who wear "wifebeaters" and baggy Dickies with their undies showing?  I'm fighting a losing battle with that one...

Some parents are just plain idiots about raising girls....

MKx2

for making a responsible and good moral decision to pull those shirts from David & Goliath.  I ALSO told them of the lack of concern the manufacturer had with their product.

It's good to complain, but it's also good to let folks know you appreciate quick and responsible action.