Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Speaking to my children

Started by royoung, Feb 17, 2008, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olanna

Why would you want to emancipate children that are so young?  

Can you find a time to call that your ex and his bride won't be at home?  I think that is strategy I would take. OR get them a cell phone you can call them on at an agreed upon time.

Davy

Emanicaption of children.  What does that mean ?  It seems to differ substantially with my previous understanding of emanicaption whereas a young person could depict a history of self financial support and responsibility.

olanna

royoung

I know that my children are young , this is why I want to move them in with me so that there will be no further damage. When I was taking care of my children we never heard of F's for grades. They are maintained better with me. I take care of their hair and hygene. My x husband doesnt. I pay him child support to take care of my children. He is using the money for himself.  I picked up my children for Thanksgiving. My daughter had on capris in the winter. They had sores in their heads. My daughter said that the water is well water where they live and they cant wash there hair regularly. They cant even drink the water. There clothing didnt looked washed. Why does it have to be about what I am doing and not what he as the father is doing to my children? Why is it that I have to feel that I am defending myself and not my children?

olanna

and a sad welcome it is.  Somehow, over all the years, the NCP has become nothing more that a wallet.  The only thing you are really good for in the court's eyes is providing child support that is financial.

Please share more details on why your children are living with your ex.  Did you lose custody?  Who decided they were better off with your ex than with you?  What kind of time share do you have?

royoung

In court the Michigan judge made all of our domicials Michigan. She gave me 60 days to move back to Michigan from Illinois. I came back to court saying that I had found a job and place to stay in Illinois. The judge decided that my children should live in Michigan since they grew up in Michigan. This was stability for them. My x husband said that my family was not stable in Illinois, that my mother moved alot and I had no stability with my family. My attorney said to let it go and try and get them later. The time share is that I can have my children for 6 weeks out of the summer and share or rotate holidays and birthdays. He does not comply and by the time I get a court date to complain about visitation it takes like three months. This is how long it took the last time I went to court. The referee just asked what I wanted didnt repremand my x husband or nothing. I cant even call my children. He has the phone's rigged where they cant call out, or something like that. I tried to buy my daughter a cell phone he took it and talked up the pre paid minutes then threw it away.

olanna

because there isn't a lot you do when you are in a different state.  I speak from experience. You might need to speak with an atty.  And be sure you get one that is in the state your kids are living in.

Davy

I certainly agree.  Poster should put the children first and do whatever is necessary to be part of the children's life.  One can not control a Bozzo or a Bimbo but you can reach deep inside and force positive change by not reacting and ONLY focusing on the children.  It is not cowing down.  It is taking a stand for the children because NO ONE ELSE WILL take a stand.... the children will be thrown away.    

Poster in in Illinois and stated "I would like to emancipate my children Daughter12 and son 8. In the state of Michigan is this possible."

It is not the first time I've heard this mentality coming from Illinois and whatever so-called authority is advising such is demented and seriously ill.