Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HELP!! Posted to Soc as well....

Started by 1angrystepmom, Dec 01, 2003, 06:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1angrystepmom

"Yet another Dumb Question....or two...Maybe 3...."

Soc,
DH is disabled, and on SSDI. BM receives BOTH the FULL amt of CS ordered, as well as dependent benefits from SSDI, on behalf of SD, due to DH's disability.

DH requested, through FL CSE, a modification, which was approved through "order maintainance" for a downward mod, then subsequently sent to their attorneys. CSE has been trying to serve BM at a P.O. box, even though DH has provided her physical address, now 3x's.

IF they fail to serve BM, SOON, DH will be forced to start the process over. Currently 1/2 of his disability benefit amt goes toward the CS. DH is NOT in arrears, in fact he has overpaid. *This does NOT include the dependent benefits that are received on TOP of the CS order. Which he is entitled to an offset for.

My Dumb Questions are as follows....

1) Is CSE immune from civil lawsuits?? Discrimination based on the fact that he is a MAN. (is there even an atty who in their right mind would consider taking a case like this?)

2) Would it be better to contact a Congressman/Senator to assist in expediting this issue? What about negative press??

3) Since DH HAS repeatedly provided the information needed to serve BM properly, isn't there some recourse as far as them being neglegent?

PLEASE HELP!!

Amber

FatherTime

Contact a state senator or representative in the state's legislature.  If there is no action then you should probably write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper and send it to the CSE superior in charge of the local office.  That should work to get some action.

mom4good

I would first contact the supervisor at the local office. I would also ask for the names of their supepiors in case the situation isn't handled quickly. I would do this in person and write down the info in front of them so that they know you are serious. When people know that their name is what will be associated with the lack of proper follow through, they will usually ry a bit harder to make sure it is taken care of.