Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:20:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't kow what to do....

Started by tdogg35, Dec 10, 2003, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdogg35

I was wondering how much child support they can make you pay when you are disabled and unable to work or get insurance? I haven't work in 1 1/2 years and I have filed for disability but I'm waiting on a hearing. The lady and the state are trying to get me to pay for her medical expenses, the kids medical expenses, education,and medical insurance on the kid. I don't have any type of income coming in right now. I don't know what I can do. She has already lied and said that I was still working and that I had insurance. I don't have anything. Even when I was working I didn't make enough money to have medical insurance on my other kids. They were on the state medical card.

Peanutsdad

Look at it this way,, they cant get blood from a turnip.

tdogg35

I don't want to go to jail for not being able to pay.

wendl

do you have a doctor report saying you are unable to work?? Have you tried to get your cs modified due to being unable to work for no fault of your own.  Can the cp parent apply for medical thru the state for the child.

Just some suggestions.

tdogg35

I have a doctor report that says that I can not work. I havn't been to court yet to see how much cs I would have to pay. She already gets medical thru the state. They are (the state) coming after me to pay for her medical expenses and the kid because they are on the state medical card. I just found out that I'm the father after he turned 7 months old. That's after she said I was the father and I had a test done just to make sure that he was mine. When I was with her alot of other guys would call and she would be gone all day. She didn't even have a job. So I had to make sure the kid was mine. When I was working my other kids were on state medical card.

If you have anymore suggestions I could use them.

wendl

YOu need to file a cs modification thru the courts, dont wait for the support office to do it, that will take forever.

As for them (the state) coming after you for medical due to the kids being on state medical that seems odd (my son has been on state medical for years and they have never gone after my ex)HOWEVER if the mom is on welfare then yes they will go after you.  Usually they just take it from the cs check (example: say mom is on welfare she gets a check from the state everymonth, then dad pays cs everymonth, well usually what the state does is takes all the monies dad paid for cs to repay the state, then they send the bm her share of the cs check which is usually between $25-50)

So you want to get your cs set up thru the courts (modified) then you take the modified order directly to the cs office, Once they garnish your ssi check they will usually not bother you to much.

Good luck.

tdogg35

She has or had a job but went through the state for medical insurance. Which I don't understand because her mom still had insurance on her. I guess she just wants me to pay for not wanting to be with her. I'm in the process for getting disability but have not got it yet. I have a hearing coming up. The only thing I know she got was medical through the state.

Thanks for your help. If you have anymore info for me that would be great.

JAFO

I recommend the fullest cooperation with the folks you say "are coming after you."  Have you given them the information you have received from the doctor?  Have you told them (in writing) that you have a hearing coming up and have you given them the date?

If her mom has insurance on her, that doesn't mean that the children have insurance on them.

I just suggest you work with them and maybe just maybe, they will work back with you and justice will be served.

tdogg35

I have done everything they have asked me to do and then some. I have giving them all of the info that I could.  The state is trying to get me to pay her medical expenses on top of the kid (1 kid), his education, and have my insurance cover him.  I can not work (knew that before she ever got preg) but she told CS that I was still working. Doctor told me to apply for disability and won't release me to go back to work do to my condition. I don't have any medical insurance. I don't have a date for the hearing yet. I'm waiting on getting that. She got insurance through the state on herself while she was peg. She also has it on him.(state medical coverage)

I have 2 other kids with a different woman and they never came after me to pay her medical expenses or the kids. They have been on the state medical insurance since they were born and still are on it. One is 3 years old and the other is 1 years old. Even when I was able to work I didn't make enough to have them covered on my medical insurance.