Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

child support

Started by thing1, Dec 21, 2003, 05:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thing1

here is the story. i live in florida and in 2000 recieved custody of my two children who are now seven and eight.  reparative alimoney ended in august of 2003.  i made every payment.  this was a negotiated divorce and she had adequate and expensive lawyers.  i know i paid their bill.  we both agreed not to seek child support from each other until march of 2004.  my question is, since i have primary residential parent custody of the children and pay for all health and dental insurance as well as 14000$/year fro privte schools, can she still get child support from me since they spend about half the time with her?  i do not need support from her, but should i even try for it?  she has no job and has made no effort to find one saying she is a full-time stay at home mommy.

Brent

> my question is, since i have primary residential
>parent custody of the children and pay for all health and
>dental insurance as well as 14000$/year fro privte schools,
>can she still get child support from me since they spend about
>half the time with her?  i do not need support from her, but
>should i even try for it?  she has no job and has made no
>effort to find one saying she is a full-time stay at home
>mommy.

Yes, you should seek a legal award of child support. Your circumstances may change or hers may change, but there should be child support provided for the children regardless. You should be documenting this, in case you end up in court in the future.