Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there a time limit dcss is supposed to file your case

Started by mom2mtj, Jan 06, 2004, 05:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mom2mtj

We are in California. We opened a case with the department of child support services in Feb 2003. So far we are just sitting around waiting. My boyfriend spoke to his worker a month ago who says she is no longer handling his case that his case has gone to the litigation department because they are going to have to go to court. Well that was about a month ago and a court date hasn't even been scheduled yet.  Papers haven't even been filed on his case since October, so I have no idea what they are waiting for. They sent us an order they were going to file, but then I did some research and proved to them that the mom was lying and showed them a lot of information on her, so they said they would change their amount based on what she could earn because of her certificates and some schooling she did, instead of min wage.

Is there a time limit they have to abide by, like family court? like we had to file certain papers by certain times and then have a court date within a certain amount of time after the papers were filed. It just seems our case has been forgotten and no one can give us any information. I have found all the information by going on the county court website. I have left several messages with the previous worker and she hasn't called back yet, nor will she provide us with the person in the litigation department who he is to speak with.

We have a lawyer for the custody, but she told us to let the DA do the cs stuff because they could do things she cannot, they can enforce more effectively too. But none of that matters if we don't even have a court order yet. I figure something is better then nothing.