Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 12:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

without knowing the state, isn't 137. a month

Started by dumbo, Jan 08, 2004, 12:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumbo

an absurdly low cs for a 15 year old when both ex's work.  Just polling here....

hisliltulip

Absurd, no.

The $25/month that my SIL is SUPPOSED to receive for a 10yr old is absurdly low (not that she's ever received any).

And, even if both parents are working, it all depends (atleast where I am) how much each is making.

;) BETH

mom4good

Yes, very low.  My DH ex owes 192 per month, set in 1995 when each made about $7 per hour. We looked at having it refigured and they said it could change to $300-$400 per month even if the ncp makes only $10 per hour now. look up child support calculators to see what it could be changed to.

wendl

low yes, but at least in may state it is based on both parents income, my ex only makes like $8 and I make much more so he is ordered to pay $160 (but has to pay more since he has such a huge arrears on the cs-- he didnt pay for ummmmmm 9yrs and at that time the order was 387 for once child who was under 10)

stwbshort

I had to pay $382 a month for  1 child.  When it was put in place, she was 2 yrs old.  He was making $15/hr and I was making $7/hr.  I think that is really low!

nosonew

Would be about right if they share custody 50/50.

Peanutsdad

LOL,

Well, without knowing the case, the state, the circumstance, any out of court negotiation, any cs figure is possible from just about any state. I've seen cs awards anywhere from 100 bux a month to 6000 a month.

mustang292

My 2 cents,

The Court Systems are so screwed up.  I feel whoever is given the privalege of being the main custodian of their child should get off thier butts and take care of thier child emotionally and financially! 137 a month is too much if you ask me.  How is it right to financially disable the parent who doesn't even get to spend nearly half the time with their child.  Those who are receiving child support will say "well they should be responsible too".  No Question.  However, why should they pay for

YOUR past times while they struggle to pay not only the same bills you have to pay to support their own household for his/her family but they also have to pay YOU child support because YOU have the PRIVALEGE to be with your child MOST of the time.  The one who pays the child support usually is the one who does'nt get to influence his/her child with their personal beliefs, does'nt get to spend those special moments with their child, and they are looked upon even by their own children as just "a source of money".  They don't have the same respect for the parent they don't spend that much time with.  

Now, my story.  I met a girl and she had my child.  She moved 500 miles away when I found out she was cheating and so I kicked her out unfortunately before she even had

OUR

child.  She literally made me beg to see my child.  I would drive 1000 mile round trips to see my daughter and the BM would only let me spend 2 hrs with her each time.  She said I made her feel like a dog because I kicked.  Sorry, but when you have to get a DNA test because you find out it could be between me and 3 other guys its obvious that there was no relationship anyway.  After 5 months and only 48 hrs total visitation with my child I was finally able to afford a lawyer.  He filed papers for a home study and psychological exams.  She called me crying.  I was desparate to be a father to my daughter. (I grew up with 2 brother's and 3 sister's and my father and mother. It's the only way I know.) I decided to take her back.  She moved back in with me and it was a great feeling finally being able to watch and teach my child many things even as she was so young, she is incredibly smart!  For four months we were back together.  I told her just stay home and you don't have to work forever for all I care, I will take care of everything.  I let her drive my second car and we were engaged.  I wanted to make life as easy for her as possible so she would not run off with my daughter again. By the way back when I was begging her to let me be in my daughter's life, I was giving her money, working on her house, activated her home phone for her and bought all the baby supplies possible.  Anyway, Four months had passed and Whalla! She was screwing around again.  I told her I was done with her.  I wanted her out but told her that it was obvious that I was going to have to go for full custody of our daughter, because I can't let my daughter grow up and think that this is the way people should act or treat other people.  That morning I went to work, she said she was going to call a therapist and wanted to try one more time.  I told her she went to a therapist last time and it didn't work why is it going to work this time. I told her I wanted a refund on the wedding rings and went to work.  When I came home she was gone and so was my daughter.  At 9 pm a cop knocked on my door and arrested me.  I asked what the charge was and in a nut shell he said rape.  They hit me with 2 charges and my lawyer said I could spend 20 years to Life in jail if they believer her.  And before I even had a chance to get a lawyer the next day after I got out of jail at the PO hearing the Judge gave her my second car to use for however long she says she needs to! My lawyer is charging me $25,000.00 to defend me and I have to contact a PO officer Mon thru Friday until the pre-trial.  Now, I just got child support papers in the mail from the state she ran back to again. I need to be there on the 26th 500 miles away and back here on 5th the 2 weeks later to defend myself here.  The courts think they are protecting the mother and the child, but little do they know the BM is not responsible, full of lies, and I have her on video tape saying "babies remember how to breath under water".  Protecting and ensuring a childs rights?! Bull! This situation could take 6 months to get over with and in the meantime the BM who is supposed to be taking her Prescribed Prozac isn't because she left it here!  But no! Noone wants to here me until the court date.  The Court system has destroyed me financially and emotionally.  That was 25k that I did not have. Money I planned to send my daughter to college with! Where is the sanity?!  My other lawyer in the other state said I have to get this cleared before I can even think of seeing my daughter or going for custody of her.  I have been completely destroyed in everyway possible because I wanted my daughter be taken care and to know BOTH PARENTS no matter how screwed up the BM was. I am so tired there is still much more to this story than I have time or space to tell.  I Now know why there are so many dead beat parents out there. I am getting ready to become one myself.  I am going to lose the house I bought my my daughter and BM to live in because I can't afford it and now I am not going to be able to afford the child support!  I can't even afford the insurance or the payments on the car she is driving or the one I drive.  I give and give and give, and The COURT SYSTEMS TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE!!  For those of you who have done this to your spouse man or woman Get off your A**ES and take care of your own D**N self and make a good life for your child and stop screwing your ex because you can't get over the fact that you are so angry and selfish. You will not only destroy his/her life but that of your childs!  Wake the F**CK up and be responsible not stingy worrying about "I wonder how much money I can get from him/her"  If somehow I can make it through and get custody of my child, I don't want her money, I am not lazy, I will get out there and support my daughter, I will provide insurance, I will provide a roof over her head, I WILL make sure she knows and spends time with her screwed up mother(with observation of course). Stand up and stop being lazy scum bag parents and do what right!

P.S. Sorry for the language but I was heating up.
Keep your children safe. Let them know their parents. If you work with your ex they will work with you. Help each other its the only way, and screw how much your getting, MAKE IT YOURSELF!