Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 02:22:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

%300 increase in Child support

Started by reagantrooper, Jan 12, 2004, 09:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reagantrooper

So here it is,
EX and I have 2 kids. We had split custady son with me daughter(now 10 years old) with her for last 6 years, now my son is 19 a HS grad, full time job and in the reserves. Got served papers for CS mod because son is now an "adult". Acording to NH guidline(for 1 child) EX will be getting almost a %300 increase in CS. I have always paid her CS $300/MO dispite having SC. Anyone have any ideas how I can prevent this? This increase will brake me!
Thanks

MKx2

Now that REALLY stinks!  Unfortunately, as stinky as it is, it very well may be correct.  It isn't unusual for CS for one child to be anywhere from $600 - 1200 per month, if you make a decent salary.

Have you done the calculations yourself?  There is a CS calculator at the NH web site so you can calculate it yourself.  I just checked the guidleines and it reads 25% of net income.  Actually that isn't too bad as a number of states calculate it on GROSS income.  Does your ex work?  If she does you might want to check and see if HER income has been included in the calculation ... or if she is voluntarily unemployed you can have her income imputed - it "might" make it worse for you though, so you need to be careful.

The link for NH statutes is

[A HREF=http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XLIII/458-C/458-C-3.htm]Section 458:3 Child Support Guidelines[/A]

There is further information at

[A HREF=http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/indexes/458-C.html]New Hampshire General Court CS Guidelines[/A]

Good luck and post further information - perhaps others can help you.

reagantrooper

Thanks for the feedback. The $$ amount I come up with when I plug my income into the calculators is about 3X what I have been paying my X for the hole time we had split custady. The numbers may vari a tad bit do to insurance, taxes and her income but I do expect it to be damn near $900 it just SUCKS NOTHING has changed except my son is emansipated. FYI I posted on another site divorce.net I did and do get some good feedback but I also got attacked by a few lovely ladies other there. Some of my post got "hijacked" by a few mad women other also I am going to repost my threads hear and see what happens.
THANKS