Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What is Man? Curbing Co-dependency and Eradicating Irresponsibility

Started by StPaulieGirl, Dec 11, 2004, 09:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/douggiles/dg20041211.shtml

Doug Giles (archive)

December 11, 2004

I hate to get your panties in a wad, you pomosexual gender-line-blurrers , you, but the vast, vast majority of American men want to be more like William Wallace and less like Will and Grace.  

From the thousands of positive emails I receive week after week from men and women regarding my polemic attempts in print, radio and TV to re-inject, guard and perpetuate the testosterone attitude ... it seems that the general populace isn't queuing up for a radical dose of 21st century misandry.

Yes, much to my delight, we "non-progressives" are not cool with the metrosexual healing the cultural quacks are attempting to administer to the male collective, and we are going back towards the traditional definitions of the role of men in society.

So ... what are the traditional elements of the masculine spirit?  Well, from Homer to Gomer, from Abraham to the Apostle Paul, there are three primary traits that men, if properly raised and allowed to express their biology, will and should naturally exhibit.  

They are the following:  
· Competition
· Independence
· Responsibility

Last week's column addressed the good and natural competitive streak with which men come out of momma's womb, and now I'll turn my guns to points two and three: Independence and Responsibility.

The second classic characteristic men will naturally exhibit, that is, if they escape the aggressive societal softening of the metrosexual emasculators, is ... independence.  

Traditionally, men have prized their autonomy more than Clay Aiken does his gale-force-wind-proof hair gel and his chartreuse neckerchief.   Men, at least those who have not been morphed into obedient stooges of contemporary society, do not like to be confined, corralled, curbed, interfered with, or domesticated by anyone.

Y'know it is right for a man while he is a boy to be dependant upon mummy ... petted and cajoled ... flattered and fattened ... by mother's you-can-do-no-wrong-honey loving touch.  But come on, America ... somehow we have developed today a race of Nancy-boys, absolute caricatures of the classic male imago, who have extended their mommy's breast feeding, culture's coddling and government's hand holding into their 30's and beyond!  

At the hub of man's constituent make up is the natural and spiritual resistance to hanging on to any mortal or institution too long for subsistence.  By natural command, man is to be independent and is hard wired to go and get a life apart from the nurturing and supportive arms of anyone ... and that includes the government.  

In ancient cultures, the young male was made to be sovereign, separated from the safe arms of the feminine touch usually at the ripe old age of ... twelve.  Young men were expected to separate, never to return to a codependent existence.  

Traditionally, young men fled from getting in touch with their supposed "feminine side" and instead they tapped into the gritty and grubby competitive "real world" where you thrive or die.  (By the way ... if I want to get in touch with my feminine side ... I'll grab my wife.)

Unfortunately, in the home, in the church, and with our government ... thanks to the societal deconstructionists, we have created an extended womb with an umbilical cord of enormous proportions that can sucker and baby men all the way up until their mid-life crises.  Historically, this co-dependent wet womb which is presently afforded chronologically mature males past adolescence has utterly weakened whatever society in which it has been allowed to fester.

Lastly, the most distinctive trait of the tri-fold traditional masculine make up is the way men are to take care of those under their watch ... i.e., being responsible and accountable for the well being of family and society.  

Naturally, men were the pillars of the public, being responsible to God, to family, to church and to their culture as providers and protectors of family and friends.  It was the man who steered the family unit and civilization with firmness, directing them with rules and principles, being dependable, loving and just.  In ancient times the father was not a mere Al Bundy-like sperm donor who lived at Hooters, but a community elder, a moderator and a servant leader who created edicts and ordered kingdoms.  

One bigger-than-Dallas-sized sign that America could be headed down the toilet is how today's metrosexual man avoids responsibility and accountability and is allowed to blame low blood sugar, his inner child, the environment or the freaky yellow wall paper on his delivery room wall as the reason why he hasn't "gotten with it."  

My ClashPoint is this: if concerned conservatives want to improve our nation, then we have got to resist the current culture of man hatred, wherever and whenever we find it, whether that means not going to movies with an emasculating message, or shouting "that's bull**t" when we hear and see this stuff on TV or in the classroom, or, more positively, developing old school ways of creating environments conducive to raising warriors and wild men. Whatever peaceful form this resistance takes ... it is a must that we verbally wail our disapproval of this incessant dissing of men.

Look, our times demand strong men more than Mariah Carey does Evian ... and only Evian water for her Pekinese.  It is up to us middle-aged old boys to preserve and perpetuate the grand testosterone fog God created us to live in for the next generation of young warriors.  

One great way to do this is by buying these killer books:
· Future Men by Douglas Wilson
· The Church Impotent by Leon Podle
· Raising Modern Day Knights by Robert Lewis
· The Code of Man by Waller Newell

Then, go over their contents with the male adolescent charges under our tutelage.

Bolivar

It is nice to hear that this message is getting out.

"there are three primary traits that men, if properly raised and allowed to express their biology, will and should naturally exhibit.

They are the following:
· Competition
· Independence
· Responsibility"

and this is a GOOD thing. :-)

"........... we have got to resist the current culture of man hatred, wherever and whenever we find it.........."

Amen