Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Both minors....Child Support???

Started by TLWE, Jan 19, 2004, 05:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLWE

Girl is 14, will be 15 this month...just had a baby.  The father of the child is 16.  At what age will the boy be responsible for CS?  Will he have to pay back CS if he doesn't have to pay before he is 18?  Can his parents be held responsible for CS?  Very curious about this situtation.

kiddosmom

A women with a 15 yo child had a relationship with a 16yo????
I see stories on the news of women like this going to JAIL.

hisliltulip

I would check with your state.

I have a friend that was 16 and the BM was 15 when their child was born.  Income was set at 20 hours per week for CS, until BF graduated or started working full-time, whichever came first.  At which time, CS was figured at 40 hours per week.

For him, YES, he's paying back CS for the child that he had in high school.

Again, check with the state.

TLWE

I think you misunderstood my post, it isn't a woman who had the baby with the 16 year old, it is her 14, almost 15 year old duaghter who had the baby.

TLWE

TY, I was asking out of, honestly...pure nosiness.  My husband's daughter was adopted by her first stepfather 10 years ago.  The child has been in and out of our lives during this whole time, at her discretion.

Her mother was allowing the stepdaughter's boyfriend live with her since she was 13.  The stepdaughter became pregnant at 14, and just had the baby last week, she herself will be 15 this week.

Not long after she found out she was pregnant, the boyfriend ditched her and moved out of the house(surprise, surprise).  I was just curious if the boy would have to pay CS.

kiddosmom

LOL thank goodness I read that wrong, and I do apologise!

It is a sad situation when a mother allows her child to do things such as this :(
I hope the girl is still in school, alternative school if nothing else.

TLWE

We are seriously hoping that she stays in school!  No legal rights to check on it and my stepdaughter has refused to speak to my husband since she found out she was pregnant.  So we only hear how she is through my MIL.  

This was a really bad PAS situation, and after 3 years of it, DH allowed her to be adopted by her first stepfather who has since divorced the BM, and remarried his first wife.  And BM has remarried also.  

CS was faithfully paid for 3 years, all visitations met...but BM kept it impossible for DH to have relationship with my stepdaughter.  Just this last May the stepfather who adopted her, wanted my husband to re-adopt so that HE could get away from the BM.

It is a sad situation...and a total soap opera.

kiddosmom

Geeze the mother has really messed up that little girl from the sound of it.

VeronicaGia

it doesn't matter that he's 16.  He is the father, he is responsible.  In most states, grandparents have no duty to support grandchildren, but parents at any age have the obligation.

wendl

my ex was 16 when we had our son and he was ordered to pay $50 a month in cs.