Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GRRRRR TAXES!

Started by Happily Ever After, Feb 11, 2004, 09:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAT

Our bio did the same. She didn't take custody of SD (almost 18 now!! whoohoooo!!!!!) until Sept. but it didn't stop her from *allowing* her boyfriend to take her. They filed first, thought they would be SLICK, paid the extra money to get rapid refund. But I got the one up from the boyfriends mother (who HATES the ex & did the taxes for them. Said the bio told the bf that DH said it was OKAY...YEAH, RIGHT!!). Long story short, we sent in a copy of the court order showing the date that she took custody and they went after the boyfriend for the money. TAAADAAAAA Them that has the proof, wins!!!! And you have COURT ORDER. So send in a copy, certified of course!! (it took about 6 weeks for them to investigate. I think that's the amount of time they give the other party to respond. What does she have? NUTTIN!!!!)
These women slay me!
KAT

kiddosmom

Feel lucky, my sd is going to be 2 in march, i get to deal with pb crap for another 16 years!
eewww

nosonew

She just happened to do it prior to going to court for 110 charges of contempt, so we just added this and subpoena'd her tax guy.  He testified she did not tell him that she wasn't entitled to child every year, he believed she got the exemption every year.  Needless to say, her atty contacted IRS, she had to pay back money, and a fine.  The judge did not like this at all.  

Remember, for NEVER MARRIED parents, if there is NO court order, it is the cp who gets the deduction unless the ncp can prove thru receipts that he/she provided over 50% of the financial responsibility.  

Good luck!-  Sounds like you have a winner with your court order!