Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why?

Started by sngldad, Feb 18, 2004, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sngldad

I am a single father in AZ and the court system seems to dislike the father parent. The mother left my daughter with me over three years ago. The courts still forced me to pay child support, and continue to say I owe arrears, even though the mother stated in court she did not want the arrears. Since I have had custody of my daughter I have paid nearly $17,000.oo. They hold my taxes, and don't make the mother pay any child support. It is hard to make all the bills, but we seem to manage, and my daughter is the greatest thing in the world. My question is why do the courts look down on the fathers, I know when the courts hear parenting they often think mother, but fathers can, and do make good parents. It seems we are discriminated agains. $17000.00 paid to a mother that doesn't want the child, what a deal for her. My daughter is only eight years old I figure at this rate by the time she is 18 I will have paid the mother a small fortune, causing hardship, and tough times for myself, and my daughter, while she reaps the benifits.

WHY?

Indigo Mom

Have you gone back to court to modify the court orders?  Do they even know the child lives with you?  Is she living with you...but the orders say mom has custody????  If so, you MUST get to court to change the order so it reflects what's really going on.

If you have a child support order (based on mom having custody) then yes, they'll STILL come after you.  It's your job to change all this.

oneandonly

It's possible too that mom collected aid and you are still paying that back?
Yes, this is an unfortunate system "glitch" that many face-a CP can collect welfare but only the other parent is made to pay that back....