Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

We lost them

Started by kitten, Dec 14, 2004, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

That just sucks. I hope to hell the judge will make mom pay all the travel expense since she is the one that moved.

Prayers for the kids, hopefully you can enjoy a good Christmas with them, and later in life you can show the kids you did everything possible for them.

((((Hugs))))

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

kitten

I appreciate all your help and support.  I will still be here for others and we also know this is just the beginning.  Dad is not doing well, I mean, how would you feel?  He will need to go through a mourning period and deal with the sale of the house etc... He took the last couple of days off to let it sink in.  We both broke down.  My girls are devestated also.  
His kids don't want to go, they have been telling him this and crying.  Mom doesn't want to hear it apparently.  
The bottom line is that he did right by his children by supporting her as a SAHM only to have them taken away for the same reason.  
Dad is not doing well at all.  He was the first to hold them when they were born, he changed diapers, fed, held, rocked to sleep, stayed up late with them when they were sick, went to almost every Dr. appt. from the time they were born.  AND worked full time to support them so they could have a nice home to live in and have their Mom with them while he was gone at work.  The moment he got home from work, he spent the rest of the night playing with them, bathing them, tucking them into bed and reading stories.  The b!tch doesn't get it.

MYSONSDAD

And in time, she will pay a very high price.

All this talk of nurturing. I feel, could be wrong, but supporting a family financially should also be included in the dictionary as nurturing. Food on the table, heat, clothes, paying the bills.

Those children will not forget their father, the more she keeps them apart, the more they will want to be with him. She may have bit off more then she can chew...

And a person like this, will never get it

"Children learn what they live"

msme

& a lot of mine are jumbled right now. I think I would find the biggest name child psychologist around & have them spend as much time as possible between now & then in counseling.

Then, maybe, just maybe, the psychologist could support an emergency, ex-parte order either reversing or at least putting it on hold for reconsideration &/or appeal, based on the childrens pleas.

Grasping at straws? Yeah, maybe, but what the heck, you already lost.

Anyway, you are all in my prayers. There has to be an answer, somewhere. Good luck & God bless

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

catherine

I hope that the visitation is more than adequate.

Genie

you need to work out the other details:

visitation for Dad - holidays, days off, Summer - He should get all or most of this. Also that Dad has option of going to Alaska to visit them and she must make them available with a certain amount of notice.

Who will pay transportation costs - she is moving so she should foot the bill but most likely he will pay to get and she will pay to get them back.

Phone contact - how often he should be able to call without interference from her.

I know this is hard but you will get through it. You will miss them alot but just make sure you keep in contact with them constantly.  Make sure you contact their schools and have them send you copies of everything Mom gets etc.  

Another to think about is how will Dad's insurance (if he covers them) cover Alaska.  Will they be out of network etc. If so then maybe it should be set up that Mom has to cover them. I mean she is the one moving so she should bear some responsibility.

Also, I would look into Alaska CS guidelines b/c I can see her trying to move CS or the whole entire case to Alaska. You may want to have it written that this state retains jurisdiction over everything pertaining to the case so you don't have to go to Alaska to go to court.

I just hope she doesn't use this as an opportunity to try to start denying his time totally. I mean the distance would make the games very easy.  Keep strong and firm. Don't give up on them. They may be far away but they aren't totally gone.

hisliltulip

Wow, that is not the answer I was expecting.

So sorry for all concerned!

Peanutsdad

Kitten,

You and Will are in my prayers. I never expected this ruling in ya'lls case.

kitten

>I hope that the visitation is more than adequate.

5 weeks a year could NEVER be "adequate".

MYSONSDAD

Will should get all summer, winter and spring break. It is still not adaquate, but closer then what your saying. It calculates to about 16 weeks, about 30%. Any chance of getting your attorney to jump on this?
It is reasonable considering the distance involved, would also save them some trips on the plane.

This is just so wrong, have you had the final hearing?