Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

North Carolina Child Support Enforcement

Started by jilly, Mar 10, 2004, 06:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

Is anybody else in NC and getting calls from their ex/PBFH about not getting CS check?
DH's PBFH called last month griping because she hadn't received CS. As CS is subject to income withholding there's not much he can do. His paystubs show that his employer is taking the money out like they're supposed to. PBFH called again yesterday and she still hasn't received any CS. She's also been calling his place of employment and harassing the lady in human resources about this, even though she has repeatedly been told that they cannot give her any information. PBFH wants DH to go to the clerk's office in our county and write them a check so she can get CS. Like he can do that! The money is just not there. According to PBFH, the clerk's office told her the money is showing as being received in Raleigh but they haven't released it yet. I called the 800 number last nght and according to their information the last payment received was February 9.  DH has had 2 paychecks since then and the money has been taken out of both of those checks. We did have alot of snow recently so it may just be that they're behind because of the weather.
I've also requested a print out of the payment history so will wait to see what that says. One interesting tidbit I got last night on the phone was the amount of the payment. It was not the correct amount. DH has another child for which he pays CS and this is also subject to income withholding. He pays $270 (bi-weekly) for his son and $186.98 (bi-weekly) to PBFH for his daughter.  The amount of the most recent payment was for the latter amount. How the hell can that be when the total amount taken out of his check every 2 weeks is $456.98??!!  Me thinks there's something rotten in Denmark! LOL  Of course, we are talking about a State run facility! LOL
Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.
P.S.  DH is going to talk to HR today to see what's going on too.