Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 06:31:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Annoying notices....

Started by oklahoma, Mar 10, 2004, 07:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahoma

A few weeks ago, we received notice from Support Enforcement saying they were going to suspend my husband's license.  This was just a few days AFTER we received notice from the IRS that a good portion of our tax refund was going to support arrears.  We tried contacting CSE (email and phone) several times to discuss options to avoid suspension.  My husband never talked to a real person.  Caseworker called our house once, I gave her my husband's cell number, but she never called him....

A week or two after CSE's notice, we received the DMV notice stating suspension would be in effect last Saturday (3/6/04) at 12:01 am.  Today we got a Notice to Reinstate License from CSE--dated 3/8/04.  We assume it is because the tax return finally found it's way there.  How frustrating!!

Relieved that we can reinstate the license, but very annoyed that we have to pay an extra $75 to do so, because the federal and state and county agencies couldn't get things figured out together.

(Even more annoyed that the CS guidelines are so out of whack that my husband is ordered to pay an unreasonable amount in the first place.)

missmindy

I know EXACTLY what you mean, honey. We ought to have a folder here at our house just for those things. His license has been suspended so many times, several when it wasn't necessary. And I don't even want to start on how much support he pays!!! That's a sore spot with me too. So is some other witch getting taxes that my children were claimed as dependents on. THAT'S not right no matter how you look at it. He claims our kids, gets the extra credit for that, and it goes to support some other woman and her kids. I hear you!!!

BMandSM2

>I know EXACTLY what you mean, honey. We ought to have a
>folder here at our house just for those things. His license
>has been suspended so many times, several when it wasn't
>necessary. And I don't even want to start on how much support
>he pays!!! That's a sore spot with me too. So is some other
>witch getting taxes that my children were claimed as
>dependents on. THAT'S not right no matter how you look at it.
>He claims our kids, gets the extra credit for that, and it
>goes to support some other woman and her kids. I hear you!!!

Don't know if this will apply as far as child support keeping your return but I would look into filing an "injured spouse application" when I do my taxes, because that means you are not liable to the debt and the irs will have to figure out how much your are supposed to get and have to send you the share of taxes that belong to you and the ex will get less of your refund.

Might be worth looking into. you may be able to ammend your return to send in the injured spouse form.