Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I want to pay child support the right way, without ever being harrassed by my EX...

Started by mookie, Mar 26, 2004, 11:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mookie

Hi, Everyone;

I currently entered in a verbal agreement with my ex to pay $80 a week for my son.  Neither of us wanted to go to court at first, but its a hassle for me to go to the cashier every week, because sometimes I work overtime, and can't send it until a few days later.  My ex would harrass me if she gets the payment late, I'm tired of it, so I want to know if I can present myself to the judge and agree to pay a set amount, coming out of my check, and would it be less than the $80 a week I pay now.      PLEASE HELP!!!!! THANK YOU.

Sherry1

it is the only way to get her off of your back period.  And, if you do not do it legally, she can come back and ream your ass for a whole bunch more than $80.00 a week.

oklahoma

Check your state CS guidelines.  SPARC has links to the states' sites.  Our state has an online calculator to plug in all the numbers and it spits out what the state would order.  That is the best way to find out if a court-ordered CS amount would be less than $80/week....

A lot of people complain about wage garnishment for CS, and there is a lot to complain about.  BUT it is nice to not have to worry about sending a check every week or month.  And when my husband was behind on CS, CSE relaxed a bit once they had his employer's info and they knew they would be getting something.  So I guess there are some advantages to being in the System......