Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does marriage constitute support re-calculation?

Started by baron11, Apr 01, 2004, 03:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baron11

I am getting married this year.  I was wondering if by getting married my ex would be entitled to more money?  If I get married would my new wife's income be used in combination with mine to calculate child support?  I have two kids and my girlfriend has two kids.  My girlfriend and her ex do not pay each other support.  They each truly have the kids 50% of the time, or at least as their schedules allow it.  I have numerous problems with my ex.  I am trying to solve these problems, but for every problem I solve two more pop up.  I know if she could get more money, she would try it.  I need to know what I can do to be prepared.  The other thing I was confused about.  First of all I don't mind paying the amount I currently am.  But this amount was based on my yearly salary and her yearly salary.  My ex only works part-time and she works out of the house.  How is that fair?  Many other mothers have to work full-time.  At any rate, I just thought I would share the additional information.  Thanks,

Once married, I would like to have custody re-evaluated.  I want more time with my kids.  I want more time with them now, but I was told there needs to be a change in circumstance to justify the re-evaluation.

purrrfectgirl

Once you get married your new wife's salary will NOT be used to calculate you CS.  SHe is not a parent to your children so she does not have to support them regardless if she's married to you or not.  So there will be no need for CS re-evaluation after you marry.  However, be careful because many first wives go nuts when their ex-husbands get remarried.  Shae may try other things, but she cannot re-evaluate CS.

As for the custody, that's a much harder one to judge.  It really depends on who the judge is in your case and how they feel about stuff like that.  It can't hurt to ask, but I don't know if anyone here can give your chances!