Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

mother getting CS over state line

Started by gadadgetstough, Apr 04, 2004, 06:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadadgetstough

My EX has moved to tennessee from georgia without registering in the state of tennessee for child support recovery.  She has been there since August and is still getting child support over state lines. Isn't that illegal or does she have to go through the right guidelines so I can send my child support without being a part of something illegal. Also she refuses visitation and school papers and medical insurance papers. We have joint legal custody and I have her coming back to georgia for her fourth contempt where she has been found guilty of the the last three contempts. Please give some info so my girls can get the support they need.

MixedBag

I receive and pay and pay (for DH) CS that crosses state lines...so I can't see what you're thinking is "illegal."  Does the order allow you to pay her directly?  Most orders are set up to pay through the state's system.  And in OH if you give your EX any money directly, it's considered a GIFT.

If you haven't moved from the original location in GA, she might not be able to file the divorce in TN because of the laws that govern that.

As for the rest of that -- different board for answrs.  Keep filing and getting those contempts against her.

wendl

Ihave custody of my son and his dad moved to TX then FL never notified the cs office in my home state, I contacted the cs office and they collect cs from fl and mailed to my state.

Keep the contempts coming and document. everything. If you have joint legal she cannot deny you medical school records unless otherwise stated in your divorce papers. Mail the school and drs the court orders and request a the records in a certain amount of time offering to pay for the records. If the school fails to do so, let them know you will be filing a complaint with FERPA for their non complainance.

:)