Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:49:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Very Afraid Please Help!!

Started by mystic, Apr 19, 2004, 01:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystic

folks, I have a huge dilema.
  My DH had a support order in WA state, he has been current on that order.
 At the begining of the month we where informed by phone that his WA case was transferred to CA, because the mother applied for Welfare.
  We finally spoke with CA, last week, she informed us that they would be raising th support and that it would be back dated to Jan 04.  But they hadnt recieved the papers from WA yet so they would get back to us.
 This will make us in arears by the time they get around to decideing how much they are going to charge us for her Walfare, and back date it.

Do I need to take DH's name off our bank account?  What about our car?
  We have no money is unemplyment ends this week I am the only one working.
  Also can I apply to get the earned income credit with my check, to assure that CA doesnt get it at the end of the year.
  Its for my kids but we dont qualify if we dont file joint and fileing the injured spouse form wont guarentee it becasue I was informed that CA can look at my income if DH claims hardship.
  What else do I need to do to protect myself?

lucky

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

wendl

Mystic I am so sorry to hear about this. I wish cs would've stayed with WA as WA is not as bad as CA cs office.

I have no advice, I know sly deals with CA and cs so she may know.

Good luck

desperatestepmom

Mdvice is that you put everything in your name so that the courts cannot take what you have (home, car, etc)  The courts cannot touch your assets nor your income unless you are the biological parent.  This is what I have done so that we are protected from her and the courts