Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:06:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone from Alaksa that might offer some insight???

Started by Everyside, Apr 26, 2004, 04:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everyside

My ex and I have agreed to change the support amount.  We have both looked and can't seem to find a way to just have something written up to jointly submit for a judge's signature.

All the resourses we can find say we have to fill out the same paperwork we used for the divorce, submit it, wait two to four months and then have the hearing on it.  

Surely, there has to be an easier way when both parties agree.

Anyone???

Kevinswife

We are in Alaska but have found that they have strict guidlines they follow.  We have been to court so many times for the ex to raise our CS and they have included every hour of OT and every bonus into our income which we thought they could not do.  We paid 1100.00 a month.

Now we have custody of my 17 year old step daughter and mom does not work. She has rental property all over Alaska and she said she makes 10,000.00 a year so she pays us 178.00.  Ddidn't have to prove anything.

I have also heard that they cannot use her child support to offset our arrears but she has not had to pay us since we were in arrears from them highering our support last may and the order was in December so we had increase that we should have been paying for those months.  We are finally caught up today and she has still yet to pay a dime.

Alaska I think has thier own rules.  Child support has been a much bigger help to us then we ever thought they would.  The courts have just been awful to us but CS has helped us every way they could.  I really have to give them credit for never treating us like deadbeats as the courts have always done.  They have always had answers to our questions.

Sorry I couldn't be much help but maybe you could learn something from our long journey.  Good luck and maybe you can call CS and see what they propose you do.