Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:44:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Advice on best way to dispute child care

Started by joni, Apr 22, 2004, 09:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

Has anyone had success in having this reduced?  How did you write it up as to be taken seriously.

My husband just put in for an evaulation to reduce child support and child care. Support is what it is, based on the 1040.

My question is how to dispute child care? We want this amount reduced from $600/month to $150.  What's the best way to submit this on the questionnaire?

It's a bogus amount, birth mother pays to the child's grandmother, who they live with. When the child care was established, mom worked nights and it was for 32 hours. Now, mom works while child is in school full time, at the most 10 hours.  

If mom does not claim child care on her 1040; ergo causing grandma to be taxed on the income, can we have the Friend of the Court through out the amount altogether?  Mom refuses to reduce amount on her own, says it's what she pays her mom. It's not arms length.

Do we just submit a request to lower this amount based on change in circumstances? IE...mom worked 32 hours/week while child at home and now child only has day care for 10?  I know also to show the market rate for the area.

KAT

Just put it simply that due to change in circumstances (bio now working days, child in school) that daycare needs to be reduced to reflect the lower amount of care needed.  Don't worry about the 1040, because I'd also mention to bio (only in conversation) that the court order is being turned over the IRS so that they can tax her Mom on her *income* from daycare. If she's on Social Security this could also have serious consequences. You are only doing your civic duty after all. I hate scamming cheaters, let them get what they got comin'.
KAT

rini

Joni

take your letter head from your county cs office..

example .....

In the court of xxxxxxxxxxx

Case #  blah blah

Petitioner xxxxxxxxxxxx

Defendant xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear pbfh

You have been notified of our intention to modify the child support order in regards to the amount of daycare that you now pay and our reimbursement of expenses.

We are requesting that you supply the following documentation for the hearing.

Copies of reciepts for daycare.
Employer records concerning sheduling and hours worked.
Copies of your past 6 months pay stubs.

A copy of your most recent tax return including your child and dependant care expenses form including thename and the tax identification number of the recipient of these expenses for verification.

If you do not have a current copy of the most recent tax return we are submitting a copy of irs form 4506 for your signature for release of these documents to the court.  

If we do not recieve copies of this documentation 14 days before the hearing date by registered mail we will be asking the judge to order you to sign this form on the date of the hearing and we will ask for a continuance pursuant to (insert statute) and sanctions for your refusal to submit proper documentation of expenses.

if you give me your state info i will be happy to look up some more info for you.

good luck

rini

rainbow1

Tell the Mom that you'll be happy to send the IRS a copy of her court document claiming she's paying her own Mother $600.00 a month cash. Mention you hope her Mother has been claiming the income. See if her story changes then.