Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Deviation from self support reserve?  (Read 2746 times)

annas mom

  • Guest
Deviation from self support reserve?
« on: Apr 28, 2004, 11:50:23 AM »
Help!! I am a single mom in NC. My youngest child's BF income is a little over 1600.00 a month. He has one other child out of the home (pays 214.00/month) and one child in the home which he receives support for. I make 1000.00/month working in the school system, but for the daughter we share I have to pay 400.00/month in daycare. Since BF has less than 1200.00/month after he pays support and his credit for the child living in the home, he is not required to help me pay daycare at all.  Do they not lower his responsibility for the child in his home when he receives support for that child? Who ever came up with this self support reserve? Why does he have to have 1200.00 a month for his expenses when they don't even consider my starting income. In addition to the daughter we share, I have one older daughter to care for as well and I am having significant difficulty trying to make ends meet. In addition to this, he has not made any payments at all in the last month and a half and I can't get Child Support Enforcement to do anything about it, because they say he has to be 1000.00 in arrears for them to take him back to court. Well, at the current amount of 180.00/month, it will take him 6 months to get there!! Isn't there anything I can do to request a deviation from state guidelines given the situation? I need help QUICK - if I can't get help soon, I'm going to have to quit my job because I won't be able to afford to pay for daycare. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Deviation from self support reserve?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2004, 09:03:43 PM »
I know in my state you can contact the local dept of social and health services and they sometimes can help subsidize daycare. Its worth looking into, I had to do that for awhile when my son was younger.

annas mom

  • Guest
RE: Deviation from self support reserve?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2004, 05:51:49 AM »
I've been on a waiting list since December 9, 2003 but they still don't have any funds available. I call them weekly and bug them, but it doesn't help if they don't have the funds. I had daycare assistance originally, but I lost my job due to downsizing and was out of work for three months and therefore lost my daycare assistance.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.