Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Writing letter to the courts/legislators... is it okay?

Started by Ratchet, May 01, 2004, 02:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchet

I was wondering if it would be alright, or advisable for me to write a letter to the court system (attn: the judge) explaining my case a little better? I don't know exactly what can be done, I guess I just want to make the judge aware of the hardship he has caused my children and myself because of his decision. I'm not talking about sending a letter bashing him or anything of the sort. More of just explaining how my wife and I have been handleing things, and showing facts that his decision is making it very hard for me to see my children.

Should I do this? Should I not do this? I know ideally, I should file an appeal and do it in the court room, but I can't afford an attorney, or to file the appeal, or to have a home anymore for that matter. I was also thinking of writing to every Illinois State Representative, Senator, etc. This is really killing me, I have to do something.

Any advice?

Peanutsdad

No, it isnt a good idea.

You cannot write the judge in your case a letter.. well,,, you CAN, but he CANT read it.

A judge cant talk about/read letters/look at evidense in your case outside of that courtroom.

The exception to that is an exparte hearing,, and even THAT is still done inside the court. It simply excludes the other party.

Ratchet

This exparte hearing, what is that and how do I get one? I honestly feel that part of the reason I lost so badly was because the things her lawyer said really threw me off. There was a lot I wanted to say, but felt I couldn't. Can you fill me in a bit more?