Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:58:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I want to waive arrears and need some advice. Thanks.

Started by zapped, May 03, 2004, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapped

Hi. I am a CP (and DH is NCP of his child). We are in California. I want to waive the arrears that my ex-bf currently owes (decision I made on my own - my ex does not even know about this).

Can anyone tell me what the process is? I was in the SPARC chatroom last night and someone directed me to the form I need to fill out (thanks for that! *smile*) So I called the LCSA this morning and as usual, they are busy. I had to leave yet another message.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for their return call, I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that can share the process with me. Do I still have to go to court after filling out the waiver form? Thanks.

KAT

I can only give you my experience. My ex was over 2,000 in arrears on his 18.00 per week child support. They wanted to know how it was paid and I said it was paid to me in cash. In VA, unless it's paid thru THEM, it's considered a *gift*. I signed a legal document and that was all there was to it...cept the eyeball & huff CS worker gave me. I mean really now, it was my choice. I shouldn't have to otherwise *hear* her opinion on it. I really don't think they can do anything once the custodial parent states it has been paid.
Your ex might need a copy of the paperwork as it's probably listed on his credit history (if you care).
Regards;
KAT