Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 03:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Credit for Child Born To CP?

Started by jilly, May 17, 2004, 01:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

The State is North Carolina. I've read the guidelines but not clear who is allowed credit for child living in the home.
We think DH's PBFH is pregnant. Current child support order does not give us credit for child DH and I have together. He was unemployed at time of modification and for several other reasons neither one of them have gone back for modification. If PBFH is pregnant and she decides to go for a modification will she be given credit for that child? She hasn't worked for approximately 2 years.
Thanks for any information.
Jill

wendl

Not sure but if bm is voluntarily un/underemployed you may be able to impute her income, I know you can in our state based on what a person of that age and gender would make an the average.  

:)

oklahoma

In our state, credit is given to CP or NCP if either has children from another relationship in their home.  In our case, it made no difference in CS amount. (We went through modification process when our first child was about 1, and again when our second child was 1; BM has one child.)  Other factors played a far bigger role--such as child care costs for BM, insurance costs, parenting time, etc.