Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 07:06:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Illinois support guidelines

Started by wallyworld, Jun 26, 2004, 12:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

Just wondering.  If we go back to court (she lives in FL me in IL) in IL (I won in fl court IL keeps jurisdiciton!)  for a child support mod. what is the probability in IL that I will get the support prorated due to having my child the entire summer and long school holidays (aprox 1/4 of the year)?  I also pay for the med. premiums 100% and have been paying most medical fees.  Also, what is the probability that I will get the claim the deduction on taxes as well?  I figure I have her for 1/4 of the year AND pay child support  that I should be able to at least claim her every other year.  What do you think.....

rini

dear wally

to answer your question i would need to ask how your percentages work out..

to prove eligibility to claim a child you must be able to show that you provide more than 50% of that childs support..  

let me explain a little further with some numbers

lets say you make 35,000 a year your net is 2500 a month mom makes 18,000 a year her net is 1400 a month.  mom has 2 children one that you pay support for in the amount of 560 a month.  

now your support payment equals an amount of her income divided by 3

1400 a month / 3 = 466.6   so that means that your support payment would mean that you provide more support for that child than she could possibly pay ....

following me hear........

so logically you can claim the right to the deduction every year and then settle for every other year.  

any questions i believe you still have my email

rini