Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 06:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

URGENT: Anyone here work at Airborne Express/DHL?

Started by cathy, Jun 29, 2004, 10:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathy

We are in court this week and I need to find out about the specifics of coverage of stepchildren by employees of Airborne Express/DHL.  My husband ex-wife is trying to weasel out of paying child support (husband has custody after the stepfather sexually molested the girls).  Anyway - she wants to continue to have her husband carry the stepkids on his insurance and get credit for it.

We need to find out if Airborne Express/DHL benefits allow an employee to even cover stepkids that do not live with them.

THANKS!!!!!

patton

Here Airborne's email address (DHL).  I'd email them and ask what insurance company they use.
[email protected]

SadStepMom

My stepkids don't live with us, but they are on my insurance.  The state decided that DH has to carry insurance on the kids from his work, which was no biggy seeing that we had already signed them up.

Then I started a new job that had the same qualitly/level of insurance, but my company only charges half of what his was.  So I found out that as long as there is some kind of order stating DH is to provide insurance, I can have the kids covered on my insurance.

KAT

If is made a court order, most companies will follow it. I know of a few companies that have refused, but that is because it's either already in their TOS OR they are privately insured. And yes, I agree that's what she's trying to do. Our biohag tried the same thing. Her new husband had to cover his own kids so adding them wouldn't have cost them any extra but would GIVE her extra money in her private welfare, oh, I mean child support check. The judge said no since Mr. KAT had always covered his kids and she had no change in circumstances to warrent the change. On a side note, Mr. KAT's employer had NO PROBLEM taking 18 year old SD off the insurance last month...well, it is in the court order which we all like to follow rigth!
Good Luck to you.
KAT