Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 11:51:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support laws and the upcoming election

Started by FL_guy, May 26, 2004, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL_guy

I kept seeing this message over and over again from Socrateser.  He kept advising those who do not like the current child support/family law  legislation to write all of their representatives to advise them that if they do not bring equality back into the family law/child support system, then they will be voted out of office in the next election.  Soc went on to say that this is the ONLY message politicians will hear on this issue.  Soc stated that they will respond to this "ultimatum".

I already have done this.  I recommend everyone on this site do the same.

tjraid18

I don't have a problem with that at all. Any suggestions on an effective way to word it?

~From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~

Peanutsdad

Yup,,,

dear sir/Madam

If you do not enact legislation bringing equality back into family law, I will make it my personal mission to see you voted out of office. By the time all the angry dad's of this state are done, you won't be able to be elected dogcatcher in Podunkville.

With Best Regards,

Pissed off Dad

FL_guy

Well, perhaps not to that level, but certainly to the point like the previous message.  Just make sure you put in the following:

1) State that there is inequality in the family law system and child support.
2) State that this is the only issue on which you are voting as you believe it is the greatest threat to freedom in this country.
3) Let them know that you won't be voting for them as they have failed to bring equality into the system...EXCEPT...
4) Ask them to help bring equality back into the system.  If they do, they get your vote.  If not, they will not.

No need to drivel on about it.   I'm willing to bet that a short and sweet message will get the point across.

FL_guy

tjraid18

Hey,

Do you guys know how we could find out some percentages on how many guys are paying child support, the amounts vs. their wage, and how many court cases are being filed for visitaion enforcement.

It might carry some weight if big numbers were thrown around.Potential voters.

On a lighter note: Have you heard this one? I heard it at work a long time ago.

When regular working people pass on they bury us six feet under. But when lawyers pass on they have to bury them TEN feet under -----
Because DEEP DOWN they're good people too.

~ From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~

FL_guy

Good question.  Of course, if your county has a web site, I wonder if a search for Domestic Relations cases would be sufficient?  It would at least get the numbers of child support cases.  Then do a search for department of revenue.  I bet the ratio of those would give us an idea....certainly not an exact number, but it would get us somewhere.  Of course, we are assuming those who are getting paternity suits from DoR do not get visitation rights (at least at first).

tjraid18

I am finding some very interesting information in my search for the numbers I'm looking for. Damn!!! I wish I could have known all this stuff when I did my divorce. Still haven't found the specific numbers. I may wait till the 8th of June and run it by at the DADS meeting. When are the elections? Oh. I guess I could do a search and find that out. I'm just so computer illiterate that I get really sidetracked trying to find stuff.