Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:19:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

who is responsible for what the insurance doesn't pay?

Started by wlf, May 27, 2004, 04:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlf

thank you for your post. glad some people can see the father's side sometimes. the mother has tried throwing up to me well you know you should pay all that back support. but when i went to my child support office here they checked and she has never recieved any type of assitance from welfare nor was a father ever proven so i was not required to pay back support.that just burst her bubble.when she throws that up to me i say to her are you going to pay me back for all the years i missed of my daughter's life. first steps,first words,etc. things i will never get back. it indeeds hurts me to think i had this child and never got to know her untill this last year or so.my daughter and i may never be as close as i am with my children that i have been with from birth on and the mother should take some fault in that but doesn't. she doesn't care who she hurt with not letting me know about my daughter.i have even suggested my daughter should get some therapy to deal with the fact the stepdad that raised her she now finds out wasn't her real father. i have no beef with him because he seems to be a victim as well as i was. he encourages my daughter and i to build a relationship and i respect him as being "dad". my daughter says she is ok with everything but never opens up about her feelings and that worrys me.but maybe she is ok with it. the only reason the mother contacted me to tell me i had a child with her that i didn't know about was because she thought she was going to get back support on her. it is very sad to think some people will use kids in their games.really sad.

Grace Adler

I don't know if you'll get this but I just wanted to let you know that according to NC support guidelines, the CP is responsible for paying the first $100 of any medical bills if it's not specified in the order. It doesn't say anything beyond that.

And yeah most orders are written the way yours are here, it doesn't specify unless the CP or NCP request it.

Some other sites that might help you are
http://www.ncchildsupport.com
http://osce3.acf.dhhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/selectastate.cfm