Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I had no idea...

Started by saille, Jun 07, 2004, 10:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverGiveUp

First they came for the Jews, but I didn't care because I'm not Jewish.  Then they came for the Pols, but I didn't care because I'm not Polish.  Then they came for me . . . . .

I'm not trying to compare to the tragedy of the Holocaust.  Just the mind set.  Have you sent your letter to your gov officials??

NeverGiveUp

Typicaly it's 23% for one child.  25% for two . . . .

That's from gross.  So, if you make 50K/Year and you have 2 children,  you'll pay ~12.5K/year.  I make 80K/year so I will pay 20K/year.  Yup, over 1600/month.  Then after taxes, that's about another 1/3 of your gross, you end up with less then 1/2 your pay.  Killer is, I end up buying stuff for my kids, like cloths, when they are with me.

You, either make very little money or are very very lucky.

KIASTAR

Hun,I don't think she was whining,just getting it off her chest,like you just did.You BOTH explained why your situations are hard to live with so I really think she is right about having no idea. She is going through a lot of stress it sounds like as are you. I hopw both of your situations get better.

rainbow1

Most states will set CS for an voluntarily unemployed parent at what their earning capacity is for their job history and education level. You could also ask for a change in custody naming you as having primary placement and reducing his placement time to allow him time for job searching. Sometimes it's all in how you word things to the court.

rainbow1

Try to get proof. Videotape him. Talk to the place employing him, I'm sure the IRS would love to know that he's got unreported cash coming in and they are paying cash without withholding taxes. If he's under doctor's order's ask the court to have him file for Social Security Disability if he won't do so himself, You can then file for the children's benefit off his S.S.D.