Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 03:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last Straw

Started by tjraid18, May 30, 2004, 03:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjraid18

Me too. It made me sick to my stomach reading his story. But I'm glad I did. Thanx much kat.

tjraid18

Thank you, Antonin --

I'll look into it tomorrow. I've got the day off.

How was your daughters B-day?

antonin

We did lots of funthings; movies, picnic, swimning, bike riding, etc. Thanks for asking.

That stuff I directed you to really requires a lawyer to bargin for the various arrangements that will benefit you. maybe you canm see how the various arrangements work and make some headway on your own,

Keep me informed.

oklahoma

Oregon is a real mess!!  So relieved last summer when they changed the CS laws to include NCP parenting time in calculation--about time!  Unfortunately, it came at a time when my husband has no parenting time because of CP's false accusations....

We've gone through the whole mess of modifying child support twice.  Both times, we've gotten completely screwed.  The last time MAY have been different with an attorney.... but this is Oregon, and I am married to the non-custodial father....

And the whole visitation/custody issue is no different for fathers here.  My husband just went to the last court-ordered joint counseling session with his daughters yesterday.  The order came down because of ONE supposed incident of abuse--even CP and SDs admitted nothing else happened, and counselor later conceded that the "incident" was not abusive.  CP was "only" asking for supervised visits--judge stopped visits altogether (after 6+ years of standard EOW--no problems or issues whatsoever), ordered anger management, then joint counseling, THEN supervised visits, with the ultimate goal of restoring regular parenting time.  What a joke!

Bolivar OH

This is very helpful.  Thank you.

tjraid18

Amazing!!! Unbelievable. It's a miracle ------

Boy do I feel dumb! I got a notice in the mail after my child support hearing and assumed it was the modified child support amount I would now be paying. WRONG!!! I have no idea why they sent that support order other than just to mess with me!!! But I got the new, revised order (bonafied) this Friday and they did lower the amount to where it should be. Boy, did they! I almost feel guilty for how low it is in contrast to what it was.
 You guys, things ARE changing (YES __ I KNEW IT!!!). It's slow and isolated, but it is happening. We now have two issues to keep in mind. Two battles to fight. First ---- keep fighting. Second ---- make sure the headway we are making doesnt come back to bite people in the backside. I will take this money and use it responsibly to better and enrich my childrens lives in any way I can. Thats what it's for. As more and more fathers gain some equality --- they need to be aware that if they are irresponsible about it, it will set the rest of us back a great deal.
 Bad publicity for dads who are being given a chance could be fatal for the dads movement. So please be careful.