Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:55:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

So...where do we go from here.

Started by Yngsmommy, Jul 13, 2004, 10:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yngsmommy

My fiance has had custody since six weeks into the seperation.

child support was issued over a year ago based upon minimum wage, with 0% time share.  We told them she got the kids from 2-3 weekends a month, but they said they input it at 0 until she responds....obviously she has never responded.

She recently was taken away her drivers liscense...

This has affected her visitation a bit (she is requesting DF pick up and drop off the kids with her...she lives about 2.5 hours away), however not being real... sympathetic... we said no.

We did say we would drop them off at the train station (she lives blocks from a station, and that we would pick them up from it on Sunday).

From what we gather the next step is to actually have the state arrest her.  Any idea's on if California actually does this?  Please realize this is not a "how can we hurt her" but more of a "she needs to face some consequences for not paying one dime of child support for the last 4 years....

purrrfectgirl

My question to you is, what do you think arresting her will accomplish besides forcing the kids to visit mommy in jail?

Yngsmommy

Hopefully arresting her will accomplish her realizing she cant get away with being a financially irrresponsable parent.

Right now she isnt visiting the kids because she has no liscense to pick them up with.

Peanutsdad

My question is,, why SHOULDNT she be arrested?

She has not paid court ordered support in 4 years. Dads are sent to jail every day on the same thing, so why not her?

Equal opportunity,, even in penalties.

Yngsmommy

That is exactly my point.

IF it were my fiance who was 11K behind in child support.. holy cow would the goverment be trying to throw him in jail.

They arent trying as hard, but why shouldnt we do everything we can to help them "She will be here at 7pm with her mother to visit the children".

I will happily take the kids out for icecream while their biological mother is sent to jail.

And if someone says she went to jail, yes she did, she broke the law, and that is what happens when you brake the law. Is that a bad thing for them to learn?

KAT

Think she has the right plumbing to go to jail? Think again. Sheezz, my female neighbor is 15K behind, probably even more now, nothing is ever done. The state just came & took my male neighbor who is only 2K behind away for a few days. Female goes to court constantly but cries to the judge, pays 75.00 & leaves. She thinks it's funny, it makes me sick. I don't want to see anyone in jail damnit but this bias crappola has GOT TO STOP! Get her locked up!!!! It's the only way to force the rules to change!
KAT

Bolivar OH

LOL – Come on purrrfectgirl, wouldn't you love to put your PBFH in jail?

I know nasty thoughts get us nowhere.  But it is fun to daydream. :-)   How's the family (hubby and kids), and your case going?  I saw your post a while back.  I couldn't even guess on how to answer the question.  I don't remember exactly what the question was, but I remember was a good one.