Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Amend court ordered child support

Started by cwoolco, Jul 15, 2004, 01:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwoolco

This may be an odd or confusing question. I live in Texas. My boyfriends wages are being garnished because of child support. He recently found out that his youngest is not his (according to the mother of the child). He recently obtained a second job so he can financially support himself and pay for a paternity test. His second job's wages are being garnished too. Can he go to court and file a temporary adjustment to his court ordered child support because of pending paternity test and the inability to pay additional child support????? By the way does any one know of somewhere that offers free paternity tests that are admissable in court?? The cost of a paternity is outragous especially to someone that can't afford it. If we submit to the courts that he is not his child, will she be ordered to pay him back or what?? I am really curious.  She deceived him. He never had a doubt that his youngest was not his.

Peanutsdad

Being in Texas myself,,

If he is listed as the LEGAL father,, ie on birth cert or by adjudication naming him as legal father,,frankly, a DNA test will NOT help.

He would HAVE to locate the bio father AND get him to agree to become the LEGAL father to be off the hook.

What part of Texas are you in?,, I may know an attorney for you to talk to. You can typically get the initial consultation free.

cwoolco

I live in a suburb of Dallas. I think you already gave me a name to a attorney.

B.J. Thompson
972-726-0535

Can he have his court-ordered child support reduced if he can no longer afford it at this time??? They are taking 50% of every paycheck and they based that on a $1300 a month salary he no longer makes.

Peanutsdad

A lot depends on WHY he's not making what he was. Best hope is try,, and see what happens.