Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 22, 2024, 11:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support Help Needed

Started by rachel, Aug 05, 2004, 09:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel

I am writing this request on behalf of my employer, Larry Ross, who has been inappropriately charged for tens of thousands of dollars in child support. The kicker? Not only did he have custody of the children during this time, but he also provided the courts with the official school records proving that the children were indeed living with him. However, the burden of proof still lies on Larry, who is currently having his wages garnished by the county/state. He desperately needs advice, in any capacity. Could you refer him to any support groups/organizations in Southern California? Please reply to this message at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.

Best,
Rachel Gardner

VeronicaGia

My guess is your boss's court order clearly states that his ex has custody and he is ordered to pay her child support.  Until he gets custody modified with the court, and in turn, gets child support modified, he will continue to owe this and will continue to have his wages garnished.

Why hasn't he contacted a family law attorney to file the modification of custody and child support?