Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM Moving Child to Germany

Started by BoysMom, Sep 01, 2004, 09:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoysMom

Hello!

I posted on the custody board hoping for information about SS's VISA, but am posting here about child support...

BM's spouse is in the military and will be stationed in Germany as of December.  SS is excited to go with them, and DH is not contesting the move because he hopes it will be a good experience for SS.

At BM's request, DH called Domestic Relations (orders are through PA where we are living, BM & SS are currently in another state) today to inquire about necessary paperwork for SS's VISA.  He got no straight answers, although one person did say that she would not be sent CS via the Domestic Relations office if she is in Germany.

Can anyone verify this?

If that is the case, does anyone have any suggestions for how to handle the CS?  If he ends up paying her directly, I've read it's a good idea to send checks with "child support for week of xxx" in the memo field, and that her cashing them is proof of receipt.  Any other suggestions?

reagantrooper

If BM and SS are going overseas with SD who is in the Service I am almost sure BM and SS will not need a visa.

Why cant BM just have CS direct deposited into her bank?

MixedBag

The child will need a passport -- unless he not an American citizen.

The US Post Office should be able to answer questions about obtaining a passport -- along with the personnel office at the base.  Back in "my days" they actually processed the paperwork and paid for the passports.

She should be getting the CS check still through domestic relations -- it's just sent forward to their APO/FPO address....why not?  That shouldn't be a problem.  

DH's EX lives in AZ, but CS is through NV....and they still send a check to her.

When they move overseas, they will have two addresses.  One will be their "german" address just like any other german citizen.  The other will be an American address which is and APO/FPO plus zip code.  That way the mail costs the normal 37cents instead of being more expensive even though it goes overseas....

BoysMom

Thanks, MixedBag - the info. you posted was very helpful!