Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What the heck???

Started by Wi-Mom, Sep 12, 2004, 04:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeronicaGia

If YOUR house is not titled in HIS name, they cannot touch it.  You need to look into that LETTER dated on a Sunday and see if it's real or some scheme created by the ex.

joni

I agree...that was your property before you married.  Maybe his Ex told child services that it was his house and they're going on her word.

MY DH's atty told us to keep everything seperate, my condo, my investments, even checking and pay for stuff out of my checking so that can't subpoena my records for his court motions or liens.

nosonew

If the letter was dated Sunday...WTF?  I smell a fish....

Wi-Mom

Exactly. And to add to the hypocrisy .. not only does child support get matching funds from the federal government they are also charging DH about $150 for collection and dispersment fees!!!

AND... in order to clear this debt within the specified 20 days before they send it to the credit bureau's... he has to pay the arrears PLUS all of the child support due for the month of September.. which will ALSO be garnished from his paychecks all month too. They said they cannot stop the lien unless the ENTIRE month of September child support is paid. DESPITE the fact that they KNOW there is a court order in place for his paychecks to be garnished.

So.. our options are to pay the entire amount they want $2027.94 (the arrears plus disbursement fees amounted to $1907.07) BEFORE Sept 26th to keep the credit bureau's out of it...PLUS his next paycheck gets garnished ANYWAY... OR.. we can pay the $1907.07 and wait until the child support is paid from the check he gets on Sept 30th and our credit will be affected.

HE is screwed either way.. sucks to be a father.

Wi-Mom

Yup... Dated Sunday September 5th. I don't get it either.

Kitty C.

Maybe wouldn't hurt to call that agency and ask about the 'validity' of the letter.....you/they just might have a fraud case on your/their hands.....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Wi-Mom

The Wisconsin State child support agency has a slogan. If you want to you can even get a Wisconsin State license plate with a colorful icon of a little kid. ..  the slogan?

"Wisconsin Cares About Kids"

The truth?

"Wisconsin Cares about Custodial Mothers"

My DH IS a freaking custodial parent... they don't care about taking the money he needs to support his own son.. to pay back his mother money they came up with to pay to her. Were they so concerned about their daughter? No! The mother uses the system constantly despite the fact that she has a steady job and has doubled her income by selling Avon on an internet site. She went there to sign up for all the benefits.. medicaid..welfare.. whatever she could get. So rather then the state giving her money.. they re-investigated the father to see how much they could get HIM to support HER. She has two other daughters that she does NOT collect child support for.. and has always supported all four kids with the money DH has paid for his two kids. When their son came to live with us.. at the age of 14 .. I bought him a bed.. he told us it's the first bed he's ever had. He has always lived on the couch. ALWAYS. DH was paying her almost $700/month for his son to live on the sofa. What can we do about it? NOTHING. We can't AFFORD it!