Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

cs is taking 90% of income

Started by shawn4kids, Sep 15, 2004, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLO_FL

How can CSE raise support without a court order?! I'm just curious if anyone else ever got a letter stating CS was raised without the court's involvement and If that's legal?!

This happened to my dh AFTER he filed to have his support lowered and won but before he got a court date, he got the letter saying that his support was raised...is this illegal, and what happened when arrears are added on the amount difference CSE raised it to?

Also, can CSE legally pick and choose a date to retroactively modify a order, WHEN it was ORDERED reto back to another date?

purrrfectgirl

That sounds like the typical CSEA to me.  Yes, they can raise CS without the courts involvement, and yes, it's legal and binding.  All those increases has a two week appealable time.  Now if your DH filed and then CS raised it and then there's a court date and a new lower order is issued, then the lower CS would be retro-active to the date DH filed.  It would wipe out the increased order directly from CSEA.  As for incorrect accounting, best of luck.  My DH had to deal with that.  The onlt reason it solvced itself was because DH lost his job and everything was re-examined.  The CSEA is notorious for getting dates and amounts wrong.  Only thing I can suggest is to get down to the actual office (or actually your DH since it's his case) and wait until he talks to someone.  If he's enough of a pest they will fix it to get him to go away.  As the saying goes: the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Bolivar

First purrrfectgirl is correct about our OHIO CSEA laws.

Second, normally the state you work in collects CS.

But wait one second,, as crappy as OHIO CSEA is I understand CA is worse.

Anyway,, no matter what state you are in only 50-60% may be taken out in deductions.  Knowing what deductions are counted towards that 50-60% is important.  (the % are a guess-ta-ment)

Knowledge is power.  Start learning.

Start here!!!!

SPARC Child Support FAQ
http://www.deltabravo.net/faq/csfaq.htm