Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 01:39:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Over paid c.s.

Started by cdcoffell, Sep 23, 2004, 05:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdcoffell

Has anyone ever over paid your ex after the arrears amount was paid in full. My husbands employer continued taking the additional amount out for arrears after he went and paid in full back in June. The employer finally got the new IDO last month, but he has paid almost $500 extra to his ex. Is there anything he can do to get this money back?

Also, does anyone know if a father is court ordered to have the kids on insurance, can the step parent carry them on theirs? He pays almost $100 a week to have them on his, when his ex has never used it in over 2 years, and now my company offers a really good plan, and it would only cost us $30 a week for my step children, me, and our daughter?

Peanutsdad

yes, you can carry the stepkids...

As far as overpaying the cs,, good luck. The BEST he can hope for is a credit for the 500.

KAT

He should send her a certified letter requesting the overages be paid back. Depending on her response, he can then file against her in small claims court. He can TRY to get an offset from CSE but it would take a great deal of good luck to get them to do so. Regardless of which way he chooses to go, he should send c/s/e a certified letter requesting an audit of his account so that he has proof of the overage (& to make sure their books show the same).

Good Luck!

KAT

wendl

Yes a stepparents can carry stepkids on their insurance.
Also check the cs order, dh only has to provide medical insurance if it does NOT exceed a % of cs his obligation.

As for arrears, not sure in your state, I know WA state will refund for overpayment, as my dh overpaid one year over 8x (he was on unemployment and didnt want to get behind) and they (the cs office ) mailed my dh the payments back as their was no arrears on the account.

May want to call the cs office and talk with the Admin Office about it.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**