Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

POC - about Bobby Sherrill

Started by cathy, Oct 26, 2004, 04:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathy

I did go back and found the part on Bobby Sherrill.  Obviously, this was an unfortunate occurrance (probably should use stronger language than that!).  I did a few searches, but couldn't find any followup.

Do you happen to know what the follow on was?  Did things get straightened out?  Did the powers that be take into account the situation after it came to light?

POC

Unfortunately, I don't. There is a long list of horror stories of men who serve our country that have their most precious possessions worth fighting for legally taken away. Ironically, there being away fighting for us is used against them. After all, what court "give" a 4 year-old child away to their dad when that dad only "cared" to see him a few months during that time. On top of that, he could be called away again. He's not going to win that argument.

Bobby Sherill had even less protections, since he was a civilian worker. But, somehow, if you're worrying about whether your life is going to end or not in some Iraqi prison, I don't think that was a primary concern of his at the time. What I do know is that Sen. Bradley passed a bill several years ago that said child support could not be retroactively reduced. So, that meant that no matter what Bobby did he was going to be forced to pay child support for the four months that he was held captive in Iraq.

The police were "just doing their jobs" when they came to arrest Bobby. Fact was the law said he owed that child support. Fact was he failed to pay the child support four months in a row. The law does not consider other factors. Hence, he was put in jail.

Now, I would assume as soon as a judge saw what happened he would have been let out of jail (don't know that for fact). But, how do you unchange the fact that the man was put in jail within 24 hours of setting foot back in his own country. I doubt Bobby felt very American or that he was in the land of the free. I assume the judge worked out some sort of plan that would allow Bobby to pay the arrearage over time. But, again, I do not know. It is not the sort of thing that the government likes to talk about.

But, here is what we do know:

1) The various state governments were advised as to where to set their lives child support guidelines by child support collection companies. Remember, those are the profiteering, pond scum sucking, leaches?
2) Since receiving such advice, guideline levels have risen over 250%.
3) In order to arrive at such guideline levels, restoring standard of living was used as their basis, rather than needs for children. Ignored are the tables that are compiled annually by the USDA.
4) The basis for income shares guidelines were parental expenditures on clothing, tobacco and alcohol. No costs for items from which children directly benefit were considered in these guidelines.
5) In almost all states, the proportionment of CS money leaves children to go naked, hungry, and homeless when ever they are to spend any time at the NCP home.
6) Children in joint custody perform better on just about every conceivable measurement of child welfare than their sole custody counterparts do.
7) The single biggest obstacle that prevents good dads from spending more time with their kids is a court order, not a lack of desire.

Like millions of others, Bobby Sherill's situation was truly unique. But, it is the deviants, who were put in charge that have been allowed to corrupt the system that continues to even handedly spread misery to nearly all involved.

Also, you may want to do a little research on Mark Rogers. If you look at the cases he has been involved in, you will hardly find that he is making the killing that you might have believed. Interestingly, both of the cases where GA's guidelines were ruled unconstitutional, the mother was the NCP. He has a well respected reputation in the field of economics. He would not have risen to the Atlanta Federal Reserve by not being able to back up what he says. All of his work is subject to peer review.

Please compare and contrast that to his adversarial pond scum sucking leaches.